Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INVALID SERIAL NUMBER in Samsung Redemption

(Topic created on: 29-09-2020 02:02 PM)
jbl14
First Poster
Options

I bought a 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Samsung has a cashback promo for SSD's. But when I type the serial number on Samsung Redemption site. It says the Serial number/IMEI is invalid. Does anyone experience the same?

I have emailed promos@samsung.au multiple times already but no luck on reply.

Can anyone confirm that this cashback promo is legit?

0 Likes
60 REPLIES 60
Ian-W
Apprentice
Options

I was just getting ready to escalate this & received an email, lucky for them they replied.

0 Likes
Ian-W
Apprentice
Options

message removed by poster. (Finally got an email reply).

0 Likes
mossvins
First Poster
Options

I haven’t heard anything back yet from Samsung Australia after emailing promos.au@samsung.com yesterday about this problem. I work from home, computing power is essential, and I have a disability. Although the monetary sum is small, I am hoping that Samsung Australia will treat all their customers respectfully and organise something in good time before the closure of the offer. If there is a delay sorting the codes, that’s fine,  as long as customers know.

0 Likes
mossvins
First Poster
Options

I received a reply and my serial no. was accepted. I am grateful for that. The only way to receive payment of $23 was by giving full bank details. In the end, given that Samsung Australia already had a problem with their systems in relation to the serial no., I decided not to claim.

0 Likes
Ian-W
Apprentice
Options

I received an email today. Finally fixed the issue with my drives & can claim. Keep at them folks and don't take no for an answer. It took me over two weeks to get an outcome.

0 Likes
NUGGETRON
First Poster
Options

2 weeks since the status has changed to validation completed.  Guessing it will sit like that until the promotion closes and they will be doing a bulk payout

0 Likes
Pablo49
First Poster
Options

what an utter scam this cashback promo is. invalid serial number and no answer from promo team email after 1 week!

0 Likes
peter369
First Poster
Options

I got the same issue and have emailed them. Hopefully they are able to resolve the issue quickly.

0 Likes
IRD70
First Poster
Options

Same issue. I have emailed them twice with no response.

0 Likes
RevoWution
First Poster
Options

Just a quick update for those in Australia. I finally received two identical, generic responses from the Samsung Redemptions Team a week apart, asking for photos of the SSD itself and screenshots of the error message. I replied to both straight away but heard nothing back.

I got fed up and ended up speaking to my place of purchase (Scorptec in Melbourne, VIC), who kindly contacted Samsung directly themselves. Magically, I received a non-generic response from Samsung a few days later informing me the error had been fixed. I have since successfully claimed for my cashback redemption, pending verification from Samsung.

TL;DR: Try going through your place of purchase if you haven't heard anything back. They might have more luck getting Samsung to get their A into G :smiling-face:

0 Likes