Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've been informed today by my provider that my router has been hacked.

(Topic created on: 14-01-2023 04:30 AM)
mrmgoo
Journeyman
Options
I've been informed today by my internet provider that my router has actually been hacked by my neighbours.. last night my router lights flashing and the WPS was flashing and somebody was connected to and the WPS . I turned all my devices off and Let It Ride out but my internet provider told me today somebody's riding my internet. What actually can they do is it safe to go on my phone is it safe to go on my tablet but it's been going on some time apparently.. apparently old modems. ? Can be entered by the WPS... any information would be appreciated thanks
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
This makes no sense, how can your ISP tell you that your router has been hacked and do nothing about it?

I would change ISP, who is you provider so I know to avoid them
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
As Robot says this makes no sense, you could change your Internet access password which is what your isp should have told you. You could also request your modem, hub or router or whatever equipment your isp provided is changed.
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@mrmgoo ,hello, it is important to perform these steps, to keep your router safe: reset the access point / AP, router / to factory settings.
2.Deactivate the WPS option from your router settings.
3.Change the default password to a strong password, other than WEP - a WPA 2 -PSK would be a good option.
I think you won't have a problem with this. Greetings.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."