Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S Book won't turn on from sleep mode.

(Topic created on: 09-01-2021 12:33 AM)
AdamD93
First Poster
Options
Hi,

I recently purchased a galaxy book s and am encountering issues. When my laptop goes into sleep mode I am often finding that I cannot wake the laptop up having tried the touchpad, keyboard, external mouse, fingerprint (power) button.

I find the laptop is still on as the status Led is blue incidating that it is still on.

In order for me to resume using the laptop I have to hold the power button down for several seconds to shut it down then reboot. 

Please advise!

Many thanks!! 
15 REPLIES 15
RKM85
First Poster
Options

Yep, same here and it's really starting to do my head in, if it weren't for word autosaving and chrome remembering my tabs I could have lost a lot of work because of this...

Have to long press the on/off switch to turn it off then turn it back on again every time... We really need a solution! 

wrdwg
First Poster
Options

I am experiencing the same issue. I am being told by support to factory reset my laptop as if this is a minor thing to do and not a monumental impact on workplace productivity. I have never been asked by Dell or HP in all of my years to factory reset the computer as a resolution. This is a lazy fix to a manufacturing/design issue and isn't acceptable. If this is the support, I cannot recommend a Samsung Laptop in a professional environment or otherwise. 

0 Likes
favaraox85
First Poster
Options

0 Likes
DaKarch
First Poster
Options

I resolved this issue by exposing the battery and unplugging it.  You can find steps on battery replacement on youtube.  After I was able to power on the machine I noticed that a windows update completed.  So I am assuming that was the cause.  Many thanks to tech support for verifying that a blue blinking light means stand by/sleep mode.  Good luck.

0 Likes
favaraox85
First Poster
Options

0 Likes
favaraox85
First Poster
Options

It's been over a month and now I can say for sure I found a solution.

The issue was with the Intel display adapter driver. Apparently, the hardware misbehaved every time the driver was updated. So, the solutions was simple: to roll back the driver update until the earliest one. Here is how I did it:

System > About > Device Manager > Display adapter > Intel(R) UHD Graphics

Right-click on it > Properties > Driver > Roll Back Driver

Screenshot 2023-08-17 144359.png

It is such a simple solution. I find it incredible that Samsung's remote support didn't even get close to suggesting me that.

Hope it can help someone else.

0 Likes