Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Book2 - should I?

(Topic created on: 09-10-2022 01:31 AM)
Lawra
Explorer
Options
Was considering to purchase either galaxy book2 or pro (i5/i7 processor) but seeing very mixed views about the laptop and its performance. Is it actually any good? Looking to use it for photo editing and general every day use. Many thanks 
4 REPLIES 4
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
For non hard-core use the Book2 8GB i5 (I have it) is superb, superlight, battery is fine once I turned off Edge background running, screen is not AMOLED the Pro is and no keyboard back-light???

The Book2 can be picked up for sub £500, the Pro well over a £1000.

Note I prefer my Book2 over my Tab S8 Ultra with keyboard, you can't beat a Windows o/s but shame I thought the Book2 was supposed to have allot more Android apps, it does not yet.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
I have the book 2 Pro 360 15" i7 16gb personally I would not buy any computing device with anything less than 16gb.

Back-lit keyboard is a must if you are going to use the laptop in the evening/night.

The Amoled screen is stunning but does bump the price up.

These laptops can get hot due to them being very slim, the cpu as standard is not set to max performance, it gets warm but never warm enough for the fans to come on. Change the cpu to max performance and it does get very warm and the fans almost constantly spin.

It's a nice bit of kit and has great integration if you have a Samsung phone but for the £1500+ I paid you can definitely get better value for money if your not bothered about it being thin and light.

I can't say I've seen any mixed reviews on the model I have and it's rated 5 out of 5 on most review sites.

If your going to spend between £500 & £800 I'd buy Dell, you'll get better value and a better screen.
Lawra
Explorer
Options
I appreciate that, thank you
Asceta
Apprentice
Options

Hola Laura,es rapit...pantalla excel.lent,jo et dic que pots comprar amb tranquilitat,salutacions!!!!!🤗😎

0 Likes