Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Can't upgrade samsung odyssey 5 firmware

(Topic created on: 17-06-2023 12:36 PM)
gn_cyborg
Student
Options

Hi,

I recently purchased the Samsung odyssey 5 32 inch monitor and am very happy with it :). I however cannot seem up grade the firmware. I don't think i am doing anything wrong... I went to www.samsung.com/uk > Support > Manual & Software. I searched for my model (LC32G55TQBUXEN) but under the only relevant file I saw was Device(Install)(CxxG5xT). I installed this but that of course didn't upgrade the monitor firmware.

I then googled samsung odyssey 5 firmware which took me to https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/LC27G55TQWUXEN/ (27 inch G5, not 32 inch). I downloaded Upgrade File(USB type) ver 1009.1, renamed the file from M-T5500GGZA-1009.1 to M-T5500GCZA-1009.1 (advise from someone after the monitor didn't recognise the file) put it on a FAT32 USB, plugged it into to monitor then starting the upgrade. The installation progress bar appears for a few seconds, remains at 0% then the monitor turns off and on but nothing happens and the firmware is still on M-T5500GGZA-1001.1 so the upgrade didn't work.

Any advise please? Many thanks in advance.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
gn_cyborg
Student
Options

Hi,

Many thanks for that! I didn't realise my current version was already the most up to date one I was hoping an update would resolve a flicker visual thing i thought was a bug bit ah well. Thanks again.

CRAZYscorp1
Apprentice
Options
Night mair
0 Likes