Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Odyssey G9 OLED random black screens

(Topic created on: 28-04-2024 07:55 AM)
Froof
First Poster
Options

I got this monitor 2 days ago and ever since turning it on for the first time it has random black screens every now and then and comes back after 1-2 seconds. It just says "HDMI 1" in the top left after it came back. This is super annoying and i dont know how i would fix this, i tried many different HDMI cables but that didnt solve this. Just while writing this post it cut out twice.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Ensure you are using the latest firmware. See the link below and search for your model number

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/?model=N0054075&modelCode=LS49CG954ENXZA

If unsuccessful then feedback to support
0 Likes
Froof
First Poster
Options

how do i update a monitor lol

0 Likes
Robin999
Maestro
Options
0 Likes
Froof
First Poster
Options

no thats english and thats not main main language. i did download something from the link you sent, put it on a flash drive and plugged it into the monitor but it just says no update file available

0 Likes
Monkey2
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue, but I bought my monitor late 2023. At first, it was flickering after waking my computer from sleep. A firmware update was made which resolved the flickering, but instead turned into the issue you described - It randomly turns black, and there's no specific event that would explain it. I've tested with different cables, no HDR, no G-Sync, reducing refresh rate etc etc - Nothing has helped.

I'm in touch with Samsung Support, to see if a factory reset would resolve the issue, but I doubt it.

0 Likes