Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C24F396FHU Menu button broken

(Topic created on: 18-07-2022 10:36 PM)
Lolite
Apprentice
Options

About a year and a half ago i got this samsung curved monitor for my pc. Recently the power button, also used as the menu button has stopped working. I can press to the sides to access the volume and brightness settings and all that, but i cannot turn off the monitor and access the menu screen. In short, pressing down on the button does not work. Please tell me if you have a solution because there are some settings that need changing that i cannot access. I believe this button is also referred to as a JOG button.

36 REPLIES 36
N3twork_NOiL
First Poster
Options

If you are not experienced and do not have the right tools and workstation to open up the monitor, it is extremely risky. I damaged my monitor in the process. I then shipped my monitor in for repair. They installed a new JOG button and screen for me. Good as new. I missed my warranty by a week or two as well. lol dang it! 
If your monitor is still under warranty, send it in for repair! If it isn't, send it in for repair! 

0 Likes
James550
First Poster
Options

Same issue 

0 Likes
NecoSensor
First Poster
Options

Hi there. I managed to solve this problem in my C32JG52, but according with this community rules, I just can give you some clues about the causes: dust, bad contact. I hope this help.

0 Likes
Naser92
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

I tried this simple solution and it worked for me.

I just pressed and hold the power button for two or three seconds and released it and pressed it again. I did this several times and finally, I got the menu button. it seems the power button is stuck somehow and you need to release it.

0 Likes
Seagull84
First Poster
Options

Exact same problem.  Only the right trigger on my G5 Odyssey works after only 3 months of use.  Switching from one input to another is critical for moving between personal and work.  I tried the various solves (tapping the button, holding it down, etc), but they are not permanent solutions.  I was lucky to be able to switch to the input I needed before the button seemed to stop working entirely.

Their solution?  Send it in every 3-4 months across the entire country and pay for shipping and a fix.

I've decided to exercise a reimbursement with Amex and replace it with one of their competitor's gaming monitors that doesn't require manually switching inputs with a physical button.

0 Likes
ayokomizo
First Poster
Options

Same problem for me. I have a U28R550 model. The JOG button doesn't allow me to select the menu to change the source (work/personal computer). I have a second monitor of the same model and it works there. It is pretty annoying, because I need to switch between computers often.

0 Likes
MCC88
Student
Options

Hi Lolite!

Did you find a solution? I have exactly the same problem 😕

0 Likes
MCC88
Student
Options

I just fixed mine!! 

I follow this instructions in the link below:
https://superuser.com/questions/1067489/how-to-fix-jog-button-of-samsung-u28d590d-display

"I sprayed WD-40 generously inside the joystick cavity and tried as much as I could with the long spray nozzle to get behind the joystick. I then moved the joystick in circular motion and pressed it while still wet. Works as good as new now."

I played with the bottom for a while in circular motion and pressing at the same time, and it worked!! I did not use any spray. It works like new now!! :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Options

The "fix" is to let the monitor to go sleep for a while, then you can change the input no problem.   This is obviously not practical, but at least I know that in the morning or after a few hours of not using the monitor I can switch inputs without furiously clicking the jog switch.  

This might not be the case but holding the jog switch down to temporarily turn off the monitor seems to help as well.

I seriously doubt this is a mechanical problem given that the jog switch works perfectly every morning and it only stops working after the monitor has been on for a while.

0 Likes
Igor Last Name
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue with my U32R590CWU, jog button progressively stopped working, I sent the screen back to Samsung, and when I got it back it was a bit better (not perfect but workable) but now it's starting to have the same issues again and the warranty is expired. In my opinion this is a design flaw which Samsung should own.

0 Likes