Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C24F396FHU Menu button broken

(Topic created on: 10-06-2021 05:55 PM)
Lolite
Apprentice
Options

About a year and a half ago i got this samsung curved monitor for my pc. Recently the power button, also used as the menu button has stopped working. I can press to the sides to access the volume and brightness settings and all that, but i cannot turn off the monitor and access the menu screen. In short, pressing down on the button does not work. Please tell me if you have a solution because there are some settings that need changing that i cannot access. I believe this button is also referred to as a JOG button.

36 REPLIES 36
Mergathal
Apprentice
Options

Lots of patience and attempts until it opened. I think I also removed power from the monitor for a minute at some point to see if that would help. It was a royal pain but I was able to get into the menu eventually to reset the monitor. 

Its been fine ever since.

0 Likes
Lolite
Apprentice
Options

Ah, okay. I'll see if i can get it to work

0 Likes
Youngdagger
First Poster
Options

Did you ever get it to work??

0 Likes
Youngdagger
First Poster
Options

I’m having this issue did you ever get yours to work?

0 Likes
Kirian Weidener
First Poster
Options

Hi,
Is there a solution for this problem?

I am having the same problem with my S34J55W screen.

The JOG button does not work half of the time.
Swapping from my PC to my laptop that are both attached to this screen is a real pain.

N3twork_NOiL
First Poster
Options

0 Likes
N3twork_NOiL
First Poster
Options

Monitor: Samsung U32R59x
I am having the same issue as well.
I received my monitor brand new on 02/26/2021. Installed it roughly a week or two later. I started to notice the issue maybe 8 months in. I didn't think much of it because it happened infrequently.
Now I'm having trouble turning my monitor off completely. It just does not respond. Brightness, volume and etc works....
I tried powering of my monitor physically by pulling the power plug, to no avail. 
I tried holding the button to both left and right for 10 seconds, to no avail. 
Monitor driver is installed, to no avail. Not sure what these drivers even do, lol. Doesn't look like it has a purpose. 
Any help would be great!

0 Likes
Mergathal
Apprentice
Options

See my answers previously. It will take some time and patience but you need to keep trying to get the menu to work so you can reset the monitor. LOL, looks like the issue is back for me actually, but I have the monitor connected to a KVM and never need to make any changes. And I have it connected to a power saving power strip that turns off the power at the port it is connected to when I shut off my computer.

Samsung, if you are reading this, fix this BS! We shouldn't have to reset this monitor every few months in order to interact with the menu or turn it off. We shouldn't have to unplug it or use a switch or smart plug to turn off the monitor. 

Members_fWAlqAW
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue with the JOG button on my LC34H890WGU: main menu does not appear when I push the JOG button. Only sideways and up or down press gives a response showing the related options. Have been pushing the JOG button for I don't know how many times but still no luck. Taking the power off and putting it back on did not make a difference. So annoying

0 Likes
Options

Is there a fix for this?  I've tried powering the monitor on/off and resetting it in the menu per instructions, but any direction other than left on the jog toggle works about one time in fifty which makes changing inputs really annoying. Everything else about the monitor is great, but the job switch seems faulty.

0 Likes