What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios update on Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 2 360 i7-1260P

(Topic created on: 01-09-2022 08:32 AM)
Options

At last I was notified today (6th August 2022 UK) of a bios upgrade on my Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 2 360 i7-1260P

Summary - The i7-1260P has always seemed a bit sluggish alongside my i5- 11th Edition on my Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 360. 

In its defence the Galaxy Book Pro 2 360 is in my opinion is still ahead in all respects of performance, weight, thinness, etc of the Dell XPS 9305, HP X360, etc. It also looks so much better than a MacBook Air M2.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Cliffg
Voyager
Options
Have you installed the update and if so have you noticed any change?
0 Likes
Options

The update is installed but I have not noticed anything different.

There is something a bit strange about the i7-1260P  12th Gen when compared to the 11 65G 11th Gen. It feels a bit slower and not as snappy. It could be the extra level of security in the bios at boot. 

All in all however the Galaxy book Pro 360 2 i7 is a good machine, most things happen instantaneously. 

My wish list sent to Samsung (If they ever listen to Voice of the Customer) is -

- Narrower bezels, especially the chin at the base.

- Higher capacity battery, say a 72 as fitted to the LG Gram

- Darker grey option.

- Larger SSD as standard

An alternative could be the Huawei Matebook X Pro, but its not released yet in the UK.

(I have a Matebook and its a good desktop workhorse)

0 Likes
Joe_1
Journeyman
Options

I dont see an option to enable virtualization in the bios....

0 Likes
janiboy7665
Student
Options

today I've got another bios update for my Samsung Galaxy book2 pro 13 inch model wich improved my sytemperformance a lot. More fluent and Geekbench score 4000 --> 7000.

0 Likes