Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

27" Odyssey G7 - DisplayPort Issues

(Topic created on: 04-08-2020 05:11 PM)
ColdWynter
Student
Options

Just wondering if anyone has issues with the G7 and connections via DisplayPort, as all I'm getting is a black screen ( HDMI works fine ).  I've tried the supplied cable, and a USB-C -> DisplayPort ( both v1.4 ), and the result is the same for  both.  I've connected it to a couple of MacBooks, a Lenovo, and an iPad.  All of them detect the screen, and seem to think they're sending output, but the screen remains black ( oddly, even the coloured lighting goes off ).

Oddly, when connected via DisplayPort, the OSD is extremely limited, the only options I have, are for the OSD, and for resetting the monitor. 

I'm on firmware 1005.2, if that makes a difference.

42 REPLIES 42
gunpowder
Journeyman
Options

Please see my post in this related thread.

I've got a Tier 3 ticket open with the Samsung Business team. If you'd like to contact them, you can call 866-726-4249 Options #  3,  # 1 and then # 2. I would suggest anyone having issues with the Neo G7 line contact them so they take the issue seriously. Selling a monitor that doesn't perform at advertised refresh rates/resolutions is a serious issue.

0 Likes
jeebo
First Poster
Options

I just built a new PC and this worked for me. HDMI worked fine. Reset my drivers twice. I was tearing my hair off trouble shooting this and this worked! Crazy how the simplest answer could also be the case.

0 Likes
SeanTQ
Apprentice
Options

Well I've just built a new rig using the same monitor but this time with a AMD 7900 XT and it works perfectly fine so the conflict must be related to the previous graphics card Nvidia 3700 where only display port worked. This wasn't an issue because I would use the DP but it's bang out of order so many people had issues with this monitor and sony playing lip service to help request enquiries.

0 Likes