Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Optical and EArC for to separate outputs

(Topic created on: 25-11-2021 09:11 PM)
Russ1231
First Poster
Options

Hi All,

I have a Samsung Frame 2021 and Sonos Beam arriving tomorrow, very exited! I will be hooking up Sonos to hdmi EARC for best Dolby performance.
Recently bought Avantree Bluetooth transmitter and headphones set up for my current older set up, no Bluetooth on current set up, so my wife could watch late tv with old Orbitsound bar off, so we could switch off sound bar and she could listen to TV through headphones. 
Got this set up as geared up for TV without Audio/ping delay. Would like to add to new set up and could connect to optical output on one connect box. Is this something I can do and will it work. Figured could just turn down volume on Sonos and she could crank up volume on the headphones. I know you can Bluetooth tooth headphones and have 2 audio outputs with settings but was worried about delay and would be good if I could add current set up to optical output and use this and hdmi for Sonos?

any advice much appreciated, thanks in advance.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Russ1231 

Did you manage to get this set up as required?

0 Likes
Russ1231
First Poster
Options

Hi Chris I’ve set just set up. Headphones battery dead, so not had chance to try. Had an Avantree pop up come up on the screen for permission to use, so fingers crossed it’ll work! I’ve read possibly only one audio out works at any one time but that will not be a problem as want beam off while headphones are in use but I’ll update when I try. 

0 Likes
JamieM1
First Poster
Options
Did this work in the end? I'm looking to get a transmitter to do this for my wife who wears hearingaids.
0 Likes