Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Freestyle & HW-S61B Soundbar (WiFi Atmos) problems

(Topic created on: 03-05-2023 08:07 AM)
Iczeman
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Last week I have purchased Samsung The Freestyle projector and Samsung soundbar  to connect it via WiFi HW-S61B Soundbar (WiFi Atmos).

Connection has been successful via WiFi and The Freestyle confirmed connection that Atmos supported device is connected, so far so good 👍

The problem appears after 10-15 minutes when there is no sound anymore from HW-S61B Soundbar and can't be connected anymore, The Freestyle gets supper lagging, unresponsive and even power off/reboot. Both devices are connected to same 5GHz Wi-Fi. Same behavior's on different sources like YouTube, Netflix, IPTV etc. Reproduced every time when mentioned connection is established via WiFi, all other sources disconnected like HDMI, Amazon Alexa unpaired, but still the same. Latest firmwares installed on both devices. This issue is easily reproducible and needs to be fixed asap by new firmware release.  Connection via Bluettoth with soundbar is stable, but not supporting Atmos.

Another issues with HW-S61B Soundbar:

- Some TV channels via HDMI ARC has very very low voice almost not hearable
- Every ~30 min there is laud voice Network is disconnected (but WiFi is working properly)

Please fix all mentioned issues with upcoming firmware release. 

The Freestyle #soundbar HW-S61B #HW-S61B

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
VitaminD13
First Poster
Options

Hi, how did you manage to Connect wifi to the Soundbar?

0 Likes
Iczeman
Apprentice
Options

Just connect Freestyle & HW-S61B Soundbar to the same Wi-Fi network and then on Freestyle select as an audio output HW-S61B Soundbar (Wi-Fi!, not Bluetooth of course). Then it's working but only for few minutes 😥which needs to be fixed by Samsung! And after successful connection Freestyle will show up message that audio device supporting Atmos is connected. 

VitaminD13
First Poster
Options

that's exactly with I did. but I have no wifi audio output. Only BT.

According to samsung support, freestyle is not compatible with wifi audio, in contradiction with the support manual.

0 Likes