Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static Noise / HW-Q800C

(Topic created on: 03-12-2023 01:41 AM)
Andrew D
Apprentice
Options

Hello! I recently purchased soundbar and accidentally heard static noise when I was near the TV. I tried different ways to connect and solve the problem - nothing changed.
I hear noise (similar to white noise) even when nothing is playing. But a strange discovery occurred - the noise disappeared at exactly 25% volume. The problem is definitely in the system firmware?

7 REPLIES 7
Andrew D
Apprentice
Options

Firmware Version - 1002.0

Apollon_
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same issue. Same model, same firmware, same behavior regarding 25% volume.

I also noticed that the noice changes a bit if you click the Bluetooth pairing button.

Andrew D
Apprentice
Options

Thank you - you made me happy that this is a software problem! 

I hope Samsung support will quickly release a fix for this problem in the next update and give you the opportunity to update through smart things)

Andrew D
Apprentice
Options

I appeal to the almighty moderator - take this information to the user support service, please)

0 Likes
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
Try a reset of the device and check software updates. It could be faulty. But make sure its all plugged in securely at all point and and maybe running plugged in to a wall vs a 10 year old extension lead.
0 Likes
Andrew D
Apprentice
Options

I tried different connection methods, checked the cables - the situation did not change. As it turned out, other users also have the problem (and the oddity is exactly 25%) - I think it’s a matter of firmware. However, I will note - I like the soundbar, and I don’t notice the noise (maybe once a month I hear something in a quiet scene).

bentuil
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same issue.

Is this something an update will be able to fix anytime soon ?

Firmware version 1010.0

0 Likes