Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soundbars Freezing

(Topic created on: 03-02-2022 11:21 PM)
Relentless312
First Poster
Options

Hello,

So I have both a Samsung HW-Q900A and a HW-Q70T soundbar set up to separate TVs and use new 4K Apple TV’s as main means of watching content. I use apple remote to control both set ups. See them both as bellow.

1: Apple TV -HDMI> Samsung Q80T -eARC HDMI> HW-Q70T.

2: Apple TV -HDMI> HW900A -eARC HDMI> LG C1

both of these set ups are having the same problem. 1-2 times a week, I will be able to turn on the TV, Soundbars, and Apple TV. However the Soundbars will be “unresponsive”. Can’t control volume. No sound will play and both tv revert to built in speakers. Both will either be stuck displaying “eARC” or “HDMI1”. Their respective Samsung specific remotes will also not work. Buttons on the soundbar also tend not to work. Occasionally the power buttons will, but problem will persist when turned back on. Only way I can fix is to unplug which will temporarily fix the issue for a few days to a week.

I recently added Apple TV’s to both of above set ups, but worked well for a few weeks before problem. TVs and soundbars worked great prior. 
I also installed smart things app and updated firmware of both soundbars around the same time problem started. 

Any help with my current situation would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Members_Ad3N3FR
First Poster
Options

I have also got freeze up issues as described on my new S801b soundbar

0 Likes
Tiagocoelho
First Poster
Options
Exactly the same thing happens on my S801b. This is my second as I returned the first, but seems to be a widespread issue. Haven't decided what to do. I hope they release a firmware update soon
0 Likes