Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soundbar volume limit

(Topic created on: 05-03-2023 12:06 PM)
throw4920
Apprentice
Options

Am i going crazy that I can't find any feature whatsoever to limit the volume in any way? 

Surely a company would not be so incompetent to design an entire soundbar and accessories and no one thinks to introduce a volume limit? Surely that's not the case, so please forward me in the right direction so I can put a volume limit on my soundbar to protect my childrens' hearing

My device is HW-Q600A

5 REPLIES 5
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Is the soundbar connected to the TV?? As with my TV, I had to change the default to the soundbat on the TV settings.
Thins means that the TV remote volume controls the soundbar sound.
throw4920
Apprentice
Options

Hey Pete, it is connected to the tv but I wanted to limit the sound bar itself. My kids can connect to it via Bluetooth and max volume can definitely damage someones hearing 

Hotgarbage
First Poster
Options

Looking for the same. Because sometimes the soundbar just spontaneously go to 100 when switching devices or when my cat sits on + button. 

If it doesn't have , it should do a firmware update to implement it. 

throw4920
Apprentice
Options

yep. For some reason Netflix regularly plays the boot sound at 100% and scares the absolute sh*t out of me

Somehow this was technology we had available 20 years ago but now seems too difficult for them to implement. I think I saw some old threads on this forum about this exact same issue so unfortunately i don't think they care about this.

BM16
Journeyman
Options

Same with the Q800B, volume goes up to 100, but at 10 it is already getting uncomfortably loud. I think the speakers and our ears will be damaged at 100. I usually stream music at a volume between 5 to 8.

With all this "smart" technology, you'd expect that a simple volume limit wouldn't be a problem to implement. It's been around for at least 20 years, probably more.

0 Likes