Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soundbar HW-S60T Alexa issues

(Topic created on: 07-10-2021 07:07 PM)
skj71
First Poster
Options

Looking for someone at Samsung to help with an Alexa wake-up issue on the sound bar. Really annoying and close to returning it unless Samsung help out.

#soundbar

#hw-s60t

#alexa

#SamsungSupport

#help

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@skj71: Are you able to provide further details of the issues you're experiencing with Alexa? Have you configured the feature via the SmartThings app on your mobile device? If the issue relates to the soundbar not recognising the "Alexa" command, can you confirm if you're able to access the Alexa service by pressing the Multi-Function (O) button on top of the soundbar for 3 seconds? 

0 Likes
skj71
First Poster
Options

the issue is that Alexa wakes up periodically and randomly, so what ever is streaming to the soundbar (sound from the TV or streaming music) the sound cuts out. i configured the soundbar and Alexa through the SmartThings app.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@skj71: I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. It may be the case that the microphone on the soundbar is registering the Alexa command from the media you're viewing/listening to. As a workaround, although not ideal, press the Mic On/Off button on the soundbar itself so the LED indicator turns red (to show that it is disabled). Enable the mic via the same button when you've finished watching/listening, to allow for the Alexa commands to be registered once again. 

0 Likes
skj71
First Poster
Options

Not really a solution. I am going to get a refund for this item.

0 Likes