Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Sound Bar connection drop out

(Topic created on: 08-09-2016 11:34 AM)
Ned
Student
Options

Why does my sound bar sometimes not connect when I switch on my TV?

0 Likes
Go to solution
26 REPLIES 26
TheSuprman
Journeyman
Options

I purchased a optical cord and run it wired. Extremely disappointing being the selling point was to run this wirelessly. I tried using the WiFi connection again last week and nothing but problems.  

SG16
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem with my Samsung Audio 360 R5. ***** *****. I have been in contact with samsung support several times and they just ask if there is enough WiFi signal and say that I should restart the speakers. The problem does not go away because of it.

0 Likes
TheSuprman
Journeyman
Options

My router is less than 2 feet from the speaker that is mounted to the TV. WiFi NOT the issue. Samsung speaker is the problem. Nothing but problems.

0 Likes
retiredat44
Student
Options

here too, same baloney, like trying to talk to monkeys... just pot it everywhere and tell everyone to stay away from Samsung, enough damage to the brand and they might wake up and stop boning their customers. Warn others! The dropouts are infuriating when it goes on and on and on, and you get dumb people instead of help.

0 Likes
AmmarMohrat
First Poster
Options

Just purchased the new samsung bar and I am having same issue, it keeps disconnecting. WIFI is not the problem 

Brid
Journeyman
Options

Hi Ammar I had a non standard bar but after software updates I finally got it working. I no longer have a Samsung TV so cannot go through thevprocess to help you. I suggest you contact Samsung support. I am surprised their own bar is causing problems though.

0 Likes
Deluxe79
First Poster
Options

The issue still persists today in 2024 as it is mentioned on several other posts and forums. I've got the HW-Q810B and once or twice every day it comes up with WiFi Disconnected and Connected right afterwards. I've done everything possible to try mitigate the issue. Another problem is that playing Dolby Digital content over Optical sometimes make the soundbar drop audio all together. The only way to get it up and running again seems to take the main power and reset it that way. Running latest version 1010-39 which is becoming old. Last thing, they don't even offer a floor stand for the rear speakers!?! and having big problems finding any stands which can fit the mounting hole placed on the back. I'm thinking of returning this as there's way too many flaws (going the warranty route) and stay away from Samsung products in the future. Quantity over quality is obviously. Same goes for their phones, accessories and not least SmartThings. Do better Samsung!

0 Likes