Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So much disonnecting issues with my brand new Samsung HW-990C soundbar

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
multor
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I bought a brand new Samsung soundbar HW-990C.

But since I'm trying to use it, have issues very regulary. So much disconnections.

When issue is coming, you can start to identify it first with the subwoofer, it is starting with strange bass (ugly sound) coming, then light behind subwoofer is still blue then it is starting to blink, then you have no bass, they you can see that subwoofer is trying to reconnect but no bass.

Same thing is occuring with rear speaker.

I have the issue watching movie or listening to music through spotify.

I try so much things and loose so much time.

I also find so much forums or users that are facing issues with wifi, disconnections, ***** sound... So please Samsung, do something !!!

I'm working in computer sciences and use to work with wifi devices. I never encountered any issue with them.

Issue is only occuring with this soundbar.

Here is what I already try:

• I checked the firmware : I've got already the latest firmare 1004. I tried to update it manually in case but soundbar is displaying that I have the latest so no pb there (except maybe the firmware itself ?)
  • I saw a lot of users having issues with their 5Ghz wifi so I change my wifi. I split the 2,4Ghz and 5Ghz cards and connect soundbar on the 2,4Ghz => better to use Smart Setting app but no changes on my issues, they are still there
  • I gave the soundbar a fixed IP => no changes on my issues, they are still there
  • I have reseted so much times the sound bar and relink the subwoofer and rears to soundbar => no changes on my issues, they are still there
  • my subwoofer is really near my soundbar (below soundbar, less then 50cms) so this is not the distance
  • when I check the network quality in SmartThing app, signal is very good (always between 4 or 3 bars)
  • I tried WP2 settings on my router => same issues
  • I tried WPA2/WPA3 on my router => same issues
  • ... trying again and again since weeks to make it works without success

I really need your help. As it makes me mad and sad. I can't use this soundbar.

And I really find it incredible.

I start by buying your HW-Q60C and I have no issue with it. Working fine with a TCL TV

Now I bought your top referencce and I have issues on same TCL TV (ref 65MQLED87)

Samsung, Please contact me and tell me what to do to make it works !

is there some known wifi constraints ? Is there a fix in development ?

Thank your for your help

Have a nice day

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
KholaI
Options

Hey @multor 

If it's brand new, you could look into asking for  replacement, as it does sound as though there's an issue. For further technical support, please reach out to our Team on 0333 000 0333, as they'll be able to run through diagnostics with you. They're available from 8am to 8pm on weekdays, and 9am to 6pm on weekends.

0 Likes
multor
First Poster
Options

Hi Kholal, I'm loccated in France . Is it the same number for technical support (0333 000 0333) ?

Are you aware of any wifi constraints or adjustments I can do or check quickly to avoid a return ? Knowing that il will be long and they were running out of stock.

I can for example try a beta update in you have something in stock :winking-face:

Tell me if you need further informations on my issues.

Thank you

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Ah, that's the number for the UK Team. In this case, I'd advise reaching out to Samsung Support France, as they'll be better equipped in helping you and providing you with more info on the warranty/returns status. Check out the following link for more information: https://www.samsung.com/fr/support/

0 Likes