Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SkyQ locks up when using Q70R soundbar

(Topic created on: 04-12-2019 03:39 PM)
Stirling1314
First Poster
Options

I am just adding my 2p worth, 3K worth of Samsung kit and and I can't get the full benefit, massively frustrating.

SkyQ 2TB connected to Q70R using HDMI, Q70R connected to Q8 65" using HDMI via ARC ... every time you switch from the TV / Netflix to SkyQ the Sky box locks up, ( the only thing to do is power cycle the sky box) I have tried different cables and it dosen't change anything. All firmware is up to date the only way to get it working is using Bluetooth, works fine but I don't get Dolby ATMOS..

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
AsadM
Options
Hi @Stirling1314. Hope you're enjoying your evening. Are you trying to play Dolby Atmos on content from your Sky box?
0 Likes
Stirling1314
First Poster
Options

Yes thank you, and you ?

Yes, and it does play Dolby Atmos when connected with HDMI ( It even says so on the soundbar).. then when you switch to Netflix or TV the sky box locks up and can't be used again until it is rebooted.

0 Likes
AsadM
Options
We're doing great. Have you checked through the settings on the Sky box to see if this can be adjusted on there?
0 Likes
Stirling1314
First Poster
Options

To see if what can be adjusted ?

0 Likes
Mick1958
First Poster
Options
I have exactly the same problem, with the same setup as Stirling1314 (but using a different Samsung TV) Why is there no response to this from Samsung ? Is the problem with Sky or the Soundbar
0 Likes
vwtempvw
First Poster
Options

Have same problem constant unplugging mains from sky q box just to get it working on q9 tv with q70 soundbar using hdmi 3 via arc, any solutions found?

0 Likes
Billywizzo
Explorer
Options

Hi

I have the Q85R tv and the Q70R soundbar.

I have had loads of problems with the sound out of sync when watching SkyQ.

I had it set up with Sky to the HDMI 3ARC port on the tv and tried the soundbar via Bluetooth to WiFi.

Both had bad lip sync issues and the Bluetooth would drop out for about half a second every so often.

I have just connected the soundbar to the tv via HDMI ARC to ARC ports and Sky to another HDMI port on the tv.

The sound from the tv via built in apps or freeview is fine no sync problems.

The sound from Sky still had sync problems until I set Sky sound to PCM/normal not either Dolby settings band now no sync problems so far.

Not ideal as I watch Sky most and hoped to get Dolby sound from it.

Hopefully this will help someone and either Samsung or Sky will do something about the problem.

0 Likes
Garry06321
Journeyman
Options

Try this connect your sky q to your soundbar via the hdmi and then your soundbar to your tv one connect box via hdmi arc you will see when you select dolby digital on the sky settings you dint get the lip synq no more , fingers crossed this is a solution until Samsung/sky a sort the issue out 

0 Likes