Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung soundbar K-450 volume problem

(Topic created on: 28-06-2019 04:34 PM)
Highk2
Apprentice
Options

Hi, recently a problem started with my sound bar, the volume increase to the max automatic when turn on the soundbar, I tried use only Bluetooth and not AUX Cable, and still not fixed. What else can I do? Thanks 

Go to solution
25 REPLIES 25
OldDog
Journeyman
Options

The evidence is beginning to mount that there may be a failure of the ribbon cable across many of your sound bar models. Maybe the cable is "migrating" in the socket on the PC board

Binarydig2
First Poster
Options

Thank you. This solution fixed my Samsung Kw-K460 (also known as K450) volume issues and auto-mute issues. This saved me from having to buy a new sound system. Thank you. 5 simple screws and unplug the white ribbon cable. Simple fix.

Riggy
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem and after trying everything else, the only answer was to open the box and remove the white ribbon cable for the side buttons.  As others have said, it is important to remove it by lifting it away using the little tab.  My soundbar model is HW-K450

Moparman07645
First Poster
Options

I disconnected the white ribbon cable and it works fine now

SungSam2
First Poster
Options

Genius, thanks! I had no idea what to do as the volume just randomly started going to the max. Worked perfectly, I cut a section out of the ribbon cable and it's sorted. 

williamdesign
Apprentice
Options

This worked for me as well! Thank you all!

0 Likes
MeJack
Student
Options

It was the same issue for my HW-K650 in 2021. They must have a faulty supply of sound bar buttons. I just disconnected the keypad and it worked. Also, to disconnect the keypad you must remove the 7 screws from the bottom and pry off the bottom carefully. Easy to do.

0 Likes
rok263
First Poster
Options

Just had exact same problem on my Samsung HW-K 450 sound bar, as soon as it was turned it on, volume just goes to max immediately (as if the volume button on the remote is being pressed / lent on) . Tried various troubleshooting nothing worked, until I found this community post. 

Disconnected the sound bar etc. Undid the 5 screws on the bottom . Removed the panel. In the right hand corner there was a little 5 connector white ribbon cable connected to the PCB, (cable heads off in the direction of the on sound bar unit controls) . Pressed the small black tab down to release the ribbon cable, pulled the ribbon cable from the connector and pushed it back out of the way. Put the panel back on temporarily with a couple of screws, reconnected to the TV, and all good, volume control back working as it should. Simple 5 minute fix, if that. Replaced all the screws, put the sound bar back in its place, and has been working fine ever since.

Okay, you loose the use of the on sound bar controls but never used them in all the time I’ve had the sound bar, so not really going to miss them.  Good luck, and hope this helps someone else out. 

0 Likes
MeJack
Student
Options

Yeah, I had this same problem and I too had to pull the connector cable off and it is now working properly. I would say that there is a quality control problem with keyboard. But, as you say, I don't really miss the keypad.

0 Likes
sparrow
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue last year. Unplugging the ribbon was a success. Now my soundbar will not turn on one year later. I unplugged everything and tried a different outlet and got a new remote battery. I had to plug in the broken ribbon cable again to see if I could use the hard buttons. This worked with a new outlet but then the modes started cycling, so I had to unplug the ribbon again. After turning it off, it will not power up again, even after plugging the ribbon cable in. I wonder if the ribbon is bad or the PCB Main board or maybe the power cord?. I was getting sound perfectly fine for a few minutes before I turned it off. I cannot believe I cannot get it back on. Any one have suggestions?

0 Likes