Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Soundbar HW-Q800A overheats when plugged in (without being turned on)

(Topic created on: 12-07-2021 10:47 PM)
Pascal29992
First Poster
Options
Hello,
I recently purchased a Samsung HW-Q800A sound bar.

As soon as plugged in, but never switched on or used, I notice that it overheats at the level of the lower surface after 2-3 hours, where there are electronic components.

Difficult to estimate the temperature but it is easily in the 30-40 ° C, if not more.

I repeat, without using the sound bar, without music, without bluetooth, it overheats

So I am aware that powering up necessarily involves a current, and therefore the Joule effect, but the magnitude of this surprises me on this material.

I've never had this problem with other PC speakers, and this warming up reminds me of intense gaming sessions on a PC.

However, I made a technical return and Samsung considers the heater to be normal. Ditto for Boulanger to whom I ordered.

I noticed that the sound bar on display at Boulanger was less overheating.
The sound bar was also placed on a TV stand (not hung), but maybe it was made of glass and dissipated heat better?

In short, as you can see, a lot of vagueness and questions about this reference.

Can you give me a feedback on the heating of sound bars in general?

The problems I am reporting tell you that they could still be defective, what did the manufacturer report?

Looking forward to reading you,

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
wshingw
First Poster
Options

Hi There, I have had the same issue as yours but mine is Q930B.

The lowerpart near the HDMI input is super hot even if it is in Stand-by mode.

I just tried to turn off the WiFi and Bluetooth of the soundbar and it become cooler (back to normal warm temperature) after a while.

Worth a shot if you still have it with you.

Cheers~

0 Likes
Mohamed tawfik
First Poster
Options
The sound bar is heated in standby mode

model q700a 

0 Likes