Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung HW-Q900 doesn’t fit on tv stand

(Topic created on: 02-01-2022 12:57 PM)
T22TMY
Apprentice
Options

So I’ve got a QE65QN90A with a HW-Q900A, the manual for the Soundbar says to put the four little rubber feet on the bottom if you want to mount it on the TV stand. However, this doesn’t fit. The Soundbar won’t go under the tv so there is no way that the Soundbar will fit on the stand as shown in the manual. 
Anyone had similar issues? Seems a bit stupid considering the Q soundbars and compatible with the Q symphony TV’s? 
I’ve tried technical support but I think my dog has a better understanding on the product than the 2 people of spoken to so far! 

image.jpg

14 REPLIES 14
DrSpook
Journeyman
Options
Spoke to gormless disinterested offshore customer "services" drone. The response from their escalation point was that the sound bar manual is just a guide & that it's OK to put the bar in front of the TV. Muppets.
0 Likes
T22TMY
Apprentice
Options

Sounds like that’s about all we’ll get then. I’m glad it’s just a guide, otherwise I’d have broken something trying to recreate the exact positioning of the ‘manual’ 

0 Likes
GianniCostanzi
Pioneer
Options

Hi, I’ve just ordered the QE55QN95A and I was thinking about replacing my old Samsung soundstage (like soundbar but larger and the tv stays on top of it) with a q900A which would be great.. but I’ve noticed that it doesn’t fit on the tv stand, what a shame.. the only solution seems to use a bulky vesa mount tv stand where you can adjust the height of the tv and make space for the soundbar but I’d like to get rid of it since this tv fortunately has a central stand that allow me to position the tv on a rotating base.. they should have made a stand with 2-3 steps of adjustable height 😕

image.jpg

0 Likes
GianniCostanzi
Pioneer
Options

Can you give me the following measurements if you have the tv on its default stand?

- distance from bottom border to the base of the stand

- height of the base of the stand

- distance from the front panel of the tv to the front side of the stand (in order to understand how far from the tv I will have to put the soundbar if I can’t put it over the base)

I’m asking because they have not shipped the tv yet and I’m trying to understand if I can buy the 900a or if I’ll have to downgrade my target to the 800a which is 6cm tall instead of 7.

thank you in advance for any info

0 Likes
Zaiky100
Explorer
Options

Sorry I know this thread was a while ago but I'm struggling with the same issue. Can I ask did you put the soundbar in front of the stand in the end and if so does it still sound fine? Does is effect this q symphony setup? Thanks

0 Likes