I recently purchased a Samsung HW-Q800A sound bar.
As soon as plugged in, but never switched on or used, I notice that it overheats at the level of the lower surface after 2-3 hours, where there are electronic components.
Difficult to estimate the temperature but it is easily in the 30-40 ° C, if not more.
I repeat, without using the sound bar, without music, without bluetooth, it overheats
So I am aware that powering up necessarily involves a current, and therefore the Joule effect, but the magnitude of this surprises me on this material.
I've never had this problem with other PC speakers, and this warming up reminds me of intense gaming sessions on a PC.
However, I made a technical return and Samsung considers the heater to be normal. Ditto for Boulanger to whom I ordered.
I noticed that the sound bar on display at Boulanger was less overheating.
The sound bar was also placed on a TV stand (not hung), but maybe it was made of glass and dissipated heat better?
In short, as you can see, a lot of vagueness and questions about this reference.
Can you give me a feedback on the heating of sound bars in general?
The problems I am reporting tell you that they could still be defective, what did the manufacturer report?
Looking forward to reading you,