Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung HQ-Q930B soundbar - inconsistent input switches between eARC & D.in

(Topic created on: 14-11-2023 08:58 PM)
MBNL
Journeyman
Options

Hi there,

For about a month now, my Q930B soundbar has suddenly been experiencing the following issue:

My soundbar's HDMI input keeps switching every few seconds between the eArc and D.in inputs. This causes the sound to cut out every few seconds, making it unfortunately unlistenable. What is peculiar is that the problem only occurs with live TV, the YouTube app, and external devices like a PlayStation 5. When playing content from Netflix or Amazon, the soundbar works properly and the connection remains consistent. The soundbar is connected to the TV's eArc port using the provided HDMI cable.

I've already contacted Samsung support, and they performed a deep reset of the TV and HDMI ports, but unfortunately, it didn't solve the issue. Additionally, I've tested all possible settings on both the Soundbar and the TV, also with no success. Since the signal works fine with Netflix/Amazon, it seems that problems with the HDMI cable can be ruled out, but it appears that the issue might be more related to the TV. Furthermore, all firmware is up to date.

Is anyone familiar with this problem? I've seen several topics about it on forums online, but without any solutions. It is driving me slightly crazy.. If anyone has any insights, I'd greatly appreciate it!

TV model for reference: UE50TU7020WXXN

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Its an issue Samsung has not solved even on my 2021 QN95A/Q900A

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes