Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung cashback, invalid serial number

(Topic created on: 10-12-2023 01:11 PM)
Members_ZgNCFfD
First Poster
Options

I hope someone can help me, I have made contact via phone regarding my issue and was told to email my details (which I have done) but I still haven't received any correspondence so I will try here as it seems like I'm running out of options.

The issue is, I have tied (many times)  to register my new device for the cashback promotion but when asked to enter my serial number it states that the serial number is invalid?

The item is eligible for the promotion so I cannot understand the problem, I can only assume that the device/model is not registered in the database?

This is now becoming very frustrating and can only hope that someone can assist.

Thanks in advance.

PS. The device is  'The Samsung Freestyle, Gen 2, SP-LFF3CLAXXXU'

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Overlander
First Poster
Options

Hello, Having the exact same issue, did you get to the bottom of this ? I am currently speaking to curry’s to see if they can sort it.

0 Likes
Overlander
First Poster
Options

They have said they will look into this for me and would get back in 24 hours. Will let you know what they say.

0 Likes
Overlander
First Poster
Options

Ok how you fix it is as follows. 

You have to remove the freestyle registration on your Samsung account as when you claim the cash back it thinks it’s already registered. Curry’s done it for me but I think you can just go in manually and do it yourself. Hope that helps.

0 Likes
Members_ZgNCFfD
First Poster
Options

Thank you for taking the time to let me now, I will try this now and let you know how I get on, thanks again.

0 Likes
Members_ZgNCFfD
First Poster
Options

Just an update.  I thought that I would give it one more try submitting my claim before removing it from my account (as suggested by Overlander). The reason being is that when I last spoke to Samsung (a couple of days ago) I explained that I believed there was an issue with their database (regarding the Freestyle) They responded via email and confirmed this and that it had been forwarded to the tech team and would be dealt with in due course (I wasn't holding my breath) however it has now worked and I can only assume that this problem has since been rectified. I cannot vouch for the method above (although I don't doubt that it would work) the problem now seems to be  fixed, however if anyone has problems registering then its certainly worth trying the method suggested by Overlander. Thanks again for your input, its appreciated  :winking-face:

0 Likes
Apoorva
First Poster
Options

Hello, I have the same issue, bought a soundbar from Currys and cannot claim the offer due to invalid S/N. Could you please tell me how to remove the freestyle registration? I checked on my samsung account I cannot see any devices there. Thanks.

0 Likes
Ben19851
First Poster
Options
I took am having the same issue
0 Likes