Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S95C TV and Q700C soundbar in eARC mode sound drop/cut out

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
TonyMcConnell
Journeyman
Options

Does anybody else have this setup? I’ve got it in QSymphony mode with eARC set to auto and occasionally the soundbar just cuts out completely. Goes haywire in fact, flicking briefly to TV sound and back to no sound via the soundbar.

The only way to stop it it to turn TV audio setting eARC to off. The soundbar software is up-to-date (HW-Q700CWWB-1002.0 21), the TV is up-to-date with version 1402.5 and reckons there are no further ones available. I’m using the HDMI cable that came with the soundbar. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

7 REPLIES 7
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
Just trying to remember but there maybe a USB update, I had a similar issue with Q800C and QN95C till I did the update.
0 Likes
TonyMcConnell
Journeyman
Options

Interesting. The web update via smartthings fails to find the update. Downloaded and installed via usb, let is hope this improves things. Version is now: 

SAT-iMX8M23WWC-1004.0 34

TonyMcConnell
Journeyman
Options

No change, the problem still persists.

TonyMcConnell
Journeyman
Options

FWIW, I contacted support who are at least aware of the issue:

At the moment we don't have the available fix yet, but our engineers are doing their best to rectify this. We'll update you once we have the resolution, Anthony. I really appreciate your patience as we've gone through all this. Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us again, and we will be more than willing to help. Just quote your Samsung case, nnnnnnnn for reference.”

TonyMcConnell
Journeyman
Options

There are rumours of an ota version 1410 which is supposed to fix these problems.

0 Likes