Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q900T soundbar + Q7FN no Dolby Atmos

(Topic created on: 27-12-2020 10:26 AM)
Ir0n_Drag0n
First Poster
Options
Hello everyone.

I purchased the Samsung Q900T soundbar and have it coupled up with my Q7FN 55".

The TV uses the one connect box so I have a single HDMI cable running from the ARC connection of the box to the eARC of the soundbar.

Now forgive me please if I sound (pardon the pun) out of ones depth but have I made a mistake with this particular combination?

Also, have I wired it correctly?

Basically, it's my understanding after a bit of research the Q7FN does not actually support Dolby Atmos or DTX.

I'm currently in no position to purchase a 2020 TV so can someone kindly confirm if I am correct in saying that with my current setup I am unable to take advantage of Dolby Atmos etc.

Is there a way round this?

I got the soundbar as I wanted an improvement over the standard TV speakers and took the advantage of some spare funds. 

Also, it appears Samsung currently don't support Atmos on Netflix and my TV won't update (basically says no newer software version available).

Does this mean even if I forked out for a flagship Samsung TV and waited for the 2020 range to drop in price I'd still not be able to get the full benefit of the 900T?

The only external device I use is the PS4 which is not a pro version btw and am yet to see how that works with it.

I feel a bit red faced now as I've spent quite a bit of time in the sound settings on the TV in order try to get it all working in harmony.

Any advice regards this would be hugely appreciated.

0 Likes
0 REPLIES 0