Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q70r SOUNDBAR uk power supply to short

(Topic created on: 30-12-2019 07:22 PM)
Les3
First Poster
Options

Hi I have a q70r soundbar and the power supply for the soundbar is far to short as I need to run this down through the wall under the floor and back up and out at back of room so I need at least a 5m extension for the jack plug end does anyone know of extension cable for this ?

is it a special jack plug end ? Does it have a particular name ?

thanks

11 REPLIES 11
DaveCarpenter
First Poster
Options

Unfortunately not a solution but I also have the same problem. Ive looked all over the net for some kind of extension cable but the socket on the sound bar appears to be a female with pin inside where most sold are female. 

Richard0407
Journeyman
Options

Hi 

Did you solve this problem? I have the same issue 

Richard0407
Journeyman
Options

Hi 

Did you solve this problem? I have the same issue

EddieTheLips
First Poster
Options

me too - any luck with this?

0 Likes
bill49mpr
First Poster
Options

Do Samsung even read/respond/care about these issues raised??? Surely a reasonably priced extension connecting soundbar lead could be made available? My model ac adapter plugs directly into the wall and the power out lead to the soundbar could be an extra metre longer... Video on you tube shows the ac adapter with a figure 8  plug in power cord...much more sensible as these leads are cheap and readily available. Meantime I have to make do with plugging the adapter into an unsightly extension lead whilst I research a solution... I can find generic adapters which have a plug in figure 8 power connection but am anxious to replace the original adapter with unbranded one...

0 Likes
Martin Schulze
Apprentice
Options

Hello, I've solved this issue with a usb c power supply and an usb c to 6,5x4,4 dc adapter (like aliexpress 1005001622643571) with a 3m USB-C power cable.  make sure your usb c power supply is suitable  to dilver 65 watts (like the original power supply does) and also the cable should be specified for 65 watt.

Mrc0
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have the same issue with the hw-q600a power supply, do you thing that your solution is safe? I mean, I am afraid that this may damage my soundbar. How has soundbar been working for you.?

Regards.

0 Likes
Martin Schulze
Apprentice
Options

Everything is still working for me. Make sure that the voltage and the ampere of the USB c power supply are identical compared to the original power unit. 

Regards

Martin

0 Likes
Mrc0
First Poster
Options

20220910_125651.jpg

Hi,

That is the thing, I have not found any USB C adpater with same specs. There are a lot of 40-45 watts adapters, but the most similiars have been 20v/3.25a or 20v/2.25a, so I do not know if 20v will be enough or if extra ampere could damage the soundbar.

Regards.

0 Likes