Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q70 no longer outputting sound to audio receiver

(Topic created on: 06-06-2021 07:18 PM)
maestersid
Student
Options

Hi all,

I have a QN65Q70RAFXZA Samsung and a Yamaha RX-V6A audio receiver. I had it connected to the HDMI 4 port for ARC, a switch plugged into my Yamaha and an XBox directly into the TV HDMI port. This setup worked for the past six months since I set it up, with audio coming through the receiver regardless of what I was set to.

Now this morning, the TV wont recognize the receiver anymore UNLESS I have the input set to the Switch (which is plugged into the receiver). So HDMI input works, it just appears audio is no longer working for other HDMI inputs or the tv itself (netflix, pandora, etc). I've swapped HDMI cables, made sure both devices are fully updated, still nothing.

Occasionally, when I restart both devices and go to the TV settings, under  "Sound Output" I will see a "receiver" option (from three choices, tv speaker, optical or receiver). If I select it, it disappears and defaults back to TV with my only other option being optical. No idea what other options I could try. Appreciate the thoughts/ideas

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
CarlH
Options
maestersid
Student
Options

Version 1374, so should be the case?