Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q-symphony Issues

(Topic created on: 06-05-2022 11:18 PM)
DaveK82
Student
Options
Hey, I have an issue with my QN85A QLED TV and the Q60T soundbar. I have it all connected correctly however when I have the Q-symphony option (TV & Soundbar) acrivated, I have the sound through the soundbar but nothing through the TV. I have placed the soundbar on the TV and listened close to the TV where the speakers are and there is nothing, no sound, no vibrations from the speakers. I have done this through the HDMI Arc option and also the Digital cable.

When the TV Sound is selected I have TV sound AND Soundbar, but can not alter the soundbar volume through the TV remote. The soundbar option sound is exactly the same as the TV & Soundbar option.

The TV has been reset via remote access by Samsung, they have checked my settings and still the TV remains soundless on Q-symphony......kinda defeats the purpose of the Q soundbar and could have got a cheaper option.

I also have no sound differences other then Game and Adaptive Sound when in Q-symphony option, DTX and Surround only available theought the Soundbar only option....

At Whits end....and ideas?
12 REPLIES 12
coreyrometomlinson
First Poster
Options
Hi
0 Likes
RG444
Apprentice
Options

I am having the exact same issue, I have a Samsung Q90T and a Samsung Q700a and when I select TV + Soundbar option, it won't turn on the TV speakers. Sound is only coming from the Soundbar. Very disappointing as I purchased a Samsung soundbar for Q Symphony. Tried Samsung chat and the customer service told me to read the manual and said that my soundbar needs to be hooked up with an HDMI (thanks captain obvious). Samsung soundbar is connected through HDMI eARC to TV through eARC, not sure if there is a solution for this yet. 

0 Likes
DaveK82
Student
Options
Least I'm not the only one, I contacted Samsung and they called back a couple days later saying nothing was wrong, I asked them to clarify what Q-symphony is and confirmed that I do not get sound from both TV and Soundbar! The lady failed to understand and kept staying there is nothing wrong, after continued arguing she said the matter would be looked into again and some one would call back...5 weeks later, nothing......
RG444
Apprentice
Options

I ended up talking to support today. And they indicated that I will only get Q Symphony through surround sound or Dolby 5.1 content. I tried it on a Netflix movie that had 5.1 and it worked. However, per the instructions it says that I should have the option of TV + Soundbar (HDMI) however, I only have TV + Soundbar (Wifi). 

Members_fc8Yckj
Student
Options

I've been struggling with this and seems it's solved for me now. So wanted to share in case anyone else had the same issue. I've got a QN85a TV and Q950a soundbar, the latter I bought specifically for Q symphony. My initial setup was the ARC connection between soundbar and TV and then two HDMI inputs into the soundbar. The issue is that the soundbar does not support q symphony over HDMI on HDMI passthrough - i.e. any hdmi inputs to the soundbar. It only supports inputs that are plugged into the TV directly. Mine seemed to struggle with switching over between output modes meaning that often it would change from TV + soundbar to only soundbar when chaing inputs and stay there even if it would support it. Also, I upgraded my HDMI cable to the 48Gbps (4k @120hz) spec from the usual 4k@@60hz spec, never a good idea to change multiple things at the same time because now I don't know if the cable actually made a difference but regardless it's all fixed now and works as it should. Hope this is helpful.

JustaTechFan
First Poster
Options

Quick question, i bought the QN85A 65 in TV and the Q700A soundbar also just do i could have the Q symphony on, at first ot worked great, but after a few weeks whenever i put the option of the tv + soundbar almost 8 out of 10 times i get muffled voices or sound, do you think it might help for me to change the cable to? The only way i fix the muffled sound for now is going just soundbar audio and the setting on standard sound, if i go to game, surround or adaptive it sounds bad again

JammiH
First Poster
Options

Hey!

I've just picked up my Q60T soundbar and had the same issue as you. I could hear no sound coming from the TV, only from the soundbar. However, I had selected the Q-Symphony option and had done everything according to the instructions.

Yet how did I figure out the TV was on together with the soundbar? If you press the the settings button on the remote control, you can regulate AUDIO SYNC - in other words delay the soundbar with as many milliseconds as necessary. Every time you set it up or down, the soundbar goes mute for half a second, but the TV is still on, even though not with its original sound, but just some background extention to the sound system. So it's on, but there's nothing much to it. I thought the soundbar and the TV would be on with their fullest potential if you selected the Q-Symphony option. Quite disappointing.

0 Likes
HairPower
First Poster
Options

I was about to purchase a Q950T soundbar for my 2022 QN90B TV but all these connectivity issues have spooked me. Hey Samsung, you advertise you have a seamless eArc HDMI connection between 2 Samsung devices for Q-Symphony sound. It should be just plug in and go.  Is there anyone out there where this all works as it should? 

0 Likes
Vardoulika
First Poster
Options

I just wanted to follow up to your post because it helped me figure the situation out with my setup. I have a 2022 Q60B 65" TV and have a Q990B 11.1.4 soundbar. Of course like all of you wanted Q-Symphony enabled. I use an Amazon Fire TV just because I'm already logged into all my apps etc. So I had the Soundbar hooked up eARC from SB to eARC on the TV. I then had the FireTV plugged into the soundbar. I never got any options for "TV+Soundbar". So after reading your post I unplugged everything, relocated the FireTV to the TV directly, plugged everything back in. Then I had the option for "TV+Soundbar(WiFi)" there wasn't an option for eARC in that regard. I was using the included HDMI cable that came with my Q990B since you figure Samsung would provide you with a cable that works with the features the product offers.... I happened to have a really nice 8K HDMI cable hooked up to one of my monitors on my computer that really didn't need it. So unplugged everything, swapped the HDMI cable with the 8K HDMI cable, plugged back in and BOOM "TV+Soundbar(eARC)" So that's it, to use Q-Symphony, external items can not use the soundbar HDMI inputs for pass through AND you have to use a higher quality HDMI cable than what Samsung provides in the box.

Hope this helps folks.

0 Likes