Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q-symphony Issues

(Topic created on: 28-09-2021 08:49 PM)
DaveK82
Student
Options
Hey, I have an issue with my QN85A QLED TV and the Q60T soundbar. I have it all connected correctly however when I have the Q-symphony option (TV & Soundbar) acrivated, I have the sound through the soundbar but nothing through the TV. I have placed the soundbar on the TV and listened close to the TV where the speakers are and there is nothing, no sound, no vibrations from the speakers. I have done this through the HDMI Arc option and also the Digital cable.

When the TV Sound is selected I have TV sound AND Soundbar, but can not alter the soundbar volume through the TV remote. The soundbar option sound is exactly the same as the TV & Soundbar option.

The TV has been reset via remote access by Samsung, they have checked my settings and still the TV remains soundless on Q-symphony......kinda defeats the purpose of the Q soundbar and could have got a cheaper option.

I also have no sound differences other then Game and Adaptive Sound when in Q-symphony option, DTX and Surround only available theought the Soundbar only option....

At Whits end....and ideas?
14 REPLIES 14
NathalieVe
First Poster
Options

Did you ever fix your problem? I have the same issue… only the normal setting has good audio. Surround, adaptive or game is just muffled dialogue and cant be understood. Tis happened suddenly (it all worked fine for months… but now nothing workd except normal setting)

0 Likes
Ash007321
First Poster
Options

Thanks for your advice, brilliant, 8k cable works, now I can't get sound from the TV, is there something in my settings, I haven't thought of?

0 Likes
Tebber
First Poster
Options

Hi all, jumping in this older thread for a little help. I am having difficulties getting Q symphony to work on my Frame 2022 TV and S800B soundbar. It says for a symphony to connect either via wifior HDMI eARC.
Problem 1: despite both TV and soundbar being connected to the wifi the TV does not pick up the Soundbar. Both Tv and soundbar are visible in the smart things app? How to connect to get q symphony through wifi??? This would be my number one preference

Problem 2: I tried connecting through the HDMI eARC and was able to get Q symphony to work but only when it is the only thing plugged into the HDMI in the One connect. Once I plug in other HDMI inputs I lose the option for Q symphony (TV and soundbar). The only way to get it back after losing it is to unplug all hdmi from one connect/ power cycle and plug in only soundbar through eARC ….. but once again lose it as soon as I plug in a different HDMI source. The only way I can connect to the soundbar for all inputs is through Bluetooth but cannnot use the a symphony option. How can I connect Q Symphony (preferably through wifi) to get to it work with all hdmi inputs into the one connect.

i don’t think it’s a cable issue as it was showing up with the cables I’m using and just disappearing once other HDMI are put into the one connect. 

anyways pulling my hair out. Any suggestions???

0 Likes
Evdub7
First Poster
Options

You are correct I tried this as well and it only works on content that is in some type of surround format however the TV speakers are still only surrounds they do not play the voices which in some respect I understand as you don't really want multiple voice speakers you want a true surround which is voices out of the center channel however for these soundbars and set ups more and more of the sound is going to the 360 or immersive sound and getting away from the old school surround set up so I think the sound would sound better with the TV speakers playing the vocals and voices in the foreground that way you get a richer sound and the TV speakers are obviously in the front and fire voices when only uses TV sound anyway and it sounds fine so I don't understand samsung on this. They made these soundbars way more difficult to figure out than needed and they ripped us off with this q symphony thing. It doesn't really do anything unless you're watching an action movie and you have a lot of background sound. That is when you can really hear the difference and appreciate the extra TV speakers but sadly that's the only time. The entire reason I bought this sound bar was because of the q symphony feature. I thought okay I can use my tv speakers as well this is a great idea. Total failure so far samsung. I highly suggest that Samsung release an update that you can get through your computer and download onto a USB and then upload through the USB connection on your soundbar for those of us with the q600c who don't have wifi connectivity which is again a huge letdown and mistake on samsungs part. I didn't buy the 900 series because I live in a townhome that's tiny and I didn't need that much sound in this room but I got the q series because I wanted the best features and got a huge letdown where there are features that are missing and those that are there don't work well at all. Q symphony is a complete failure at this point. Only works on certain media and surround only at that. Please Samsung fix q symphony and upgrade the software to allow voices to be played through the TV and you'll have a decent product. 

0 Likes
BEACH321
First Poster
Options
Hi got QLED 65" Atmos tv 4 speaker and Q60T soundbar , tried 2 months but TV and soundbar ( i.e Q symphony ) doesn't show at all as an option on sound output . Tried swapping cables etc ( even added Optical cable as well as the HDMI cable in desperation as bought the particular model for Q symphony )
Any ideas ?
0 Likes