Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Problems with Alexa on HW-S60T Soundbar

(Topic created on: 29-04-2021 03:31 PM)
Lakritskatt
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else if having issues with Alexa on the HW-S60T soundbar? The mic seems to be set way to sensitive so Alexa will wake up whilst watching TV or listening to music. Also whilst streaming content like music via Alexa there are frequent interruptions despite the WiFi signal being perfect and no other devices (including other Alexa devices) having any problems on the same network.

It seems to me the Alexa implementation is very basic and flawed as it also understands voice commands poorly. However the main issue is that Alexa keeps waking up for no reason when playing TV or music on the Soundbar. I had the Soundbar exchanged as though it was a defect but it's the same on the new one. Anyone else having the same problem with Alexa on their Samsung Soundbar? I hope it gets fixed in a firmware update as it basically means Alexa is unusable.

Thank you!

29 REPLIES 29
Cikeri
Apprentice
Options

Same here, tried everything, just keep waiting for the firmware update that might fix it ... as soon as the shops open they are both going back 😞  

Thor8
First Poster
Options

Purchased the Hw-S60T last week with a Samsung TV. I’m having the same issues as everyone else with the Alexa function....very high volume levels on Alexa response, random activation sounds from Alexa and no Alexa control over my TV on/off function. I’ve tried all the fixes mentioned on the Community and nothing works. Turning up the TV volume just turns up the Alexa response volume to unacceptable levels. I have another Samsung TV connected to a Sonos Beam which does control the on/off function of the TV via Alexa. As it stands this sound bar isn’t fit for purpose and the lack of response from Samsung is scandalous. I’m returning it!!!

0 Likes
bruuucie
First Poster
Options
Same here issue here - Alexa is deafening in comparison to TV sound and there is no way to balance it.

Can someone from Samsung confirm if a firmware update is on the way?

How many reports of this do you need?!
0 Likes
Chris17
Apprentice
Options

I have the issue since i bought the soundbar (HW-S60) back in Nov 2020 -  Samsung engineers have been round twice.

The latest 'fix' was to update the firmware to 1019.5 but now I have to shout in front of the soundbar for it to recognize alexa as the keyword.

Is anyone else still having similar issues?

Andrew Smith
Student
Options

I don’t have that issue Chris when I tried today for the first time. I turned the mike off months ago as I got so hacked off with Alexa  waking up randomly and Samsung doing nothing about it.  I will leave the mike on and hope, such a shame that this issue  has been going on for so long and it still there. I am not hopeful ☹️

PaulD40
First Poster
Options

Same issue with Alexa that wake up while watching TV or listening to music on my new S60T. My Samsung TV is connected via HDMI cable to the Soundbar.

we need help fixing this what is the best firmware to try ? 

0 Likes
mrdo
Student
Options

I'm also having the same problem. is anyone from Samsung listening?

0 Likes
Mogle
Explorer
Options

I got my douth that Samsung Support is listening. If they did you would expect them to drop a reply or two.

I still got this issue. I have been "playing" with the setup. Trying different things, made a few changes now and then.

I can now turn the TV off by asking Alexa, Please turn off the TV. It works. But that is the only thing she can do. Not able to change channels, turn the TV on, or goto Netflex or Amazon prime. 

Small progress, according to the marketing, adverts and the reason why I purchased that speceic model from Samsung was the full Alexa support.

0 Likes
SilentWitness
Apprentice
Options

Why does this say solved when it is not. Had this soundbar for one week and it's still presenting with all of the above problems. I wish I'd done more research before buying. So basically I have to only use this soundbar through a TV, I could have just bought a cheap basic soundbar if that's all I wanted. I can't update it because it has the latest update, I guess all that remains is to return it.

mrdo
Student
Options

I have had to manually unplug the soundbar after using it to prevent it from randomly turning on (very loudly) when I use the Alexa keyword in the same room (for my other Alexa devices). Please Samsung can we have the ability to disable Alexa or prevent it from waking up when turned off?

0 Likes