Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV Q60 (55'') and Soundbar Q70T not connecting properly

(Topic created on: 30-11-2020 01:03 PM)
rossie1
Apprentice
Options

I have just purchased new Samsung TV and Soundbar: TV Q60 (55'') and Soundbar Q70T. I have connected both via eARC port (high quality HDMI cable). I have updated the software on both devices.

I am experiencing a connection issue between the two devices. The soundbar is not appearing as a 'sound output' option via hdmi eARC connection - I am only getting option to make a connection to the Soundbar via WI-FI (which is not what I want - I want to connect via HDMI cable).

As a workaround, to manually connect the TV to Soundbar, I go to Expert Settings and change HDMI-eARC Mode from Auto to Off, and then select again from Off back to Auto. Then, after about 5 secs, the TV picks up the soundbar connection and generally works while the TV is still on.

However, upon turning the TV on again after being off, the soundbar is again lost as a sound connection and I have to repeat process above for soundbar to be connected to the TV.

How do I resolve so that the TV automatically connects to the soundbar each time the TV is turned on (i.e. make it the default sound device?

Any advice appreciated.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
rossie1
Apprentice
Options

I have spent over 6 hrs on samsung support lines to various agents,  I think my issue has been solved, after many different failed approaches.......

Basically, the solution that did work is as follows:

1) Unplug all HDMI cables

2) From settings menu of TV, reset the TV and start tv set-up again

3) complete your the tv set-up process

4) while unplugged, reset the soundbar

5) turn on tv and plug in the soundbar via eARC HDMI cable. Turn on your soundbar.

6) in this instance, for me, the tv picked up the soundbar connection, naming the soundbar model etc. (which it had never done before with original set-up)

7) now the samsung soundbar appears as a 'sound option' in the sound settings - I am hoping it remembers this selection going forward as my default sound (time will tell!)

Other aspects I would ensure are actioned:

1) in sound expert settings, eARC connection on tv is set to 'AUTO' (the default on my TV was set to 'OFF')

Hope this summary is of some use to other users with similar samsung soundbar connection issues. In essence, if your tv is not seeing the soundbar or not consistently connecting, it seems you need to start the setup of both tv and soundbar devices from scratch to solve.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you connected to the ARC usb socket on the TV, not all sockets support ARC
0 Likes
rossie1
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for your reply.

Not sure why you reference 'USB' connection but I have connected the TV and soundbar to the eARC ports (Hdmi cable). It does technically work for a time (when I connect manually) but don't have an automatic connection turning on my tv

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Forgive me for my senior moment! I did mean HDMI. I think you need customer services
0 Likes
Solution
rossie1
Apprentice
Options

I have spent over 6 hrs on samsung support lines to various agents,  I think my issue has been solved, after many different failed approaches.......

Basically, the solution that did work is as follows:

1) Unplug all HDMI cables

2) From settings menu of TV, reset the TV and start tv set-up again

3) complete your the tv set-up process

4) while unplugged, reset the soundbar

5) turn on tv and plug in the soundbar via eARC HDMI cable. Turn on your soundbar.

6) in this instance, for me, the tv picked up the soundbar connection, naming the soundbar model etc. (which it had never done before with original set-up)

7) now the samsung soundbar appears as a 'sound option' in the sound settings - I am hoping it remembers this selection going forward as my default sound (time will tell!)

Other aspects I would ensure are actioned:

1) in sound expert settings, eARC connection on tv is set to 'AUTO' (the default on my TV was set to 'OFF')

Hope this summary is of some use to other users with similar samsung soundbar connection issues. In essence, if your tv is not seeing the soundbar or not consistently connecting, it seems you need to start the setup of both tv and soundbar devices from scratch to solve.

0 Likes