Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Problems with Alexa on HW-S60T Soundbar

(Topic created on: 01-12-2020 05:04 PM)
Lakritskatt
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else if having issues with Alexa on the HW-S60T soundbar? The mic seems to be set way to sensitive so Alexa will wake up whilst watching TV or listening to music. Also whilst streaming content like music via Alexa there are frequent interruptions despite the WiFi signal being perfect and no other devices (including other Alexa devices) having any problems on the same network.

It seems to me the Alexa implementation is very basic and flawed as it also understands voice commands poorly. However the main issue is that Alexa keeps waking up for no reason when playing TV or music on the Soundbar. I had the Soundbar exchanged as though it was a defect but it's the same on the new one. Anyone else having the same problem with Alexa on their Samsung Soundbar? I hope it gets fixed in a firmware update as it basically means Alexa is unusable.

Thank you!

29 REPLIES 29
Mogle
Explorer
Options

I got a different soundbar HW-Q60T with similar problem. I am unable to pair the Alexa Echo with the soundbar. The Alexa interface is therefore useless. Was advice to do the firmware update - made no difference.

Lakritskatt
Explorer
Options

Yeah, it's not possible to pair the S60T with an Alexa Echo as Alexa Echo only has a 3.5mm audio jack. I also updated to firmware to no avail. Samsung need to sort it out as Alexa is currently unusable and would have bought a Sonos if I had known. Not OK to claim to have Alexa voice assistant when it's broken.

Bluefusion
Explorer
Options

Yes, I have the same issues!

Lakritskatt
Explorer
Options

I reckon everyone who tries to use Alexa with the S60T Soundbar has the same issue as the implementation is broken. Can someone from Samsung see if this is on your product backlog to fix or not? It should be as it's really ***** to sell it with Alexa that is in effect unusuable.

Lakritskatt
Explorer
Options

Can a moderator / somone from Samsung comment on this please. It seems everyone is having this issue and it would be good to know if you are working on a fix. If not I will have to return my Soundbar as it makes Alexa unusable.

Cikeri
Apprentice
Options

I have just purchased 2 S61 sound bars with 2 QLED Samsung TVs and the whole Alexa thing is nothing short of mis selling 😞  Initially To set them up with Smarthings etc was problematic to say the least and required multiple deletes and reinstalls, software/firmware updates etc  ... and now they are are finally connected Alexa varies between never working at all on one to intermittently working on the other depending on which occasion I add/delete it?  Come on ... this must be a known issue so help us out please?  I purchased ALL Samsung as I have Smarthings for home automation to keep it simple!  Help please?!?

Mogle
Explorer
Options

@Cikeri We are in the same "boat".

I purchased Samsung since my wife insisted on having Samsung equipment. Our last TV was one of the first flat-screen TV's Samsung came out with. After almost 18 years it was still running strong. She then insisted on the same make. 

We got six different Alexa devices in our house. All working with a wide range of different appliances and lights. Looking for a new TV and soundbar my had two priorities: a) Needed to be fitted to the wall. b) Needed to be connected to Amazon's Alexa. In today's world, I find both of those requirements very basic.

I can still return both the TV and the soundbar. Wife is happy with the purchase, keep telling me "it works well without an Alexa connection". That is not the point. Samsung has sold something that is not working. It was also a functionality heavily used in their marketing both from Amazon and from Samsung. Fix it - or give me a discount.

Lakritskatt
Explorer
Options

Clearly lots of people are having the same issues with Alexa. It should never have been sold as an Alexa enabled device. Can someone from Samsung please comment on this. Are you working on a fix? I am going to complain and return my Soundbar if don't hear back. It's misselling and it's really not OK.

Nahnahnah
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same position. Got the S60 soundbar and it is far to sensitive.  Only bought 2 weeks ago so might return with new 8k 65” Samsung TV. Very annoying.