Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Power on and off using Anynet+

(Topic created on: 16-01-2017 03:25 PM)
Grapher
Student
Options

I have two Samsung products namely a UHDTV UE40JU6500K (Series 6) and a very recently purchased curved Soundbar Model PS-WJ6000R linked using Bluetooth.  I have a simple problem which is entirely down to unfamiliarity.  I would like to see the soundbar switched on and off automatically as I select On or Off using my TV remote.  As installed, the soundbar does as I want which is to switch off simultaneously as I switch off the TV.  However, it does NOT switch on when the TV is switched on.  Instead I have to switch on the soundbar using its own little remote (or alternatively switch on using button on soundbar itself).

As a total novice I wonder if some kind soul would give me a set of intructions!

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Solution
AntS
Options

Hello there, Grapher! :smileyhappy:

Anynet+ works through a HDMI rather than Bluetooth connection. Here's some guidance on setting up and using Anynet+

AnynetJ01.JPGAnynetJ02.JPG

0 Likes
Grapher
Student
Options

Thank you for that comprehensive walk-through set of instructions.  I now have the power-on and power-off just as I wanted it. I am very grateful to you.

AntS
Options
0 Likes
jeano
First Poster
Options

I have a dumb question. Our samsung 55'inch randomly started turning off and on this past weekend. Then again last night-it did a rapid off and on for a good 45 seconds. I rebooted our comcast cable box as I was not sure if that was the issue. It did it one more time before I just gave up and went to bed. I am reading all these replies that are saying it is the TV itself. We have a logitech universal remote that controls the TV, cable box, receiver and DVD player. If I disable the anynet+hdmi-cec thing, we would still be able to use the logitech remote right, since it is the only thing we use to power everything. I have only used the samsung tv remote a few times when the logitech one was out of juice and needed to recharge for a second. Our TV is about 5 years old I think. 

0 Likes