Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-R60C audio delay

(Topic created on: 22-01-2020 02:46 AM)
vhamly
Apprentice
Options

I have a brand new TV with the above-mentioned soundbar. The audio is perfect using TV Arc if I'm using video from the smart apps on the TV. The sound is off however when I'm watching TV through my cable provider TiVo box. Apparently this model of Soundbar does not have an audio sync button or way to sync the audio. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @vhamly 

What TV do you have the Sounbar and Tivo box connected to?

0 Likes
vhamly
Apprentice
Options

I have a Q70R tv. I forgot to mention in the original post that the reason I bought the Soundbar was because when I was watching TV through the TiVo cable box I had to turn the volume way up. I would then have to put it way down when I was watching shows through the apps on the TV. I wonder if there's something wrong with the TiVo box.

0 Likes
MrTest
Explorer
Options

This is likely the same issue that is widely reported through this forum. Check out the entries for 'lip-sync' issues.

The TV's are applying a delay to the audio channel sent down ARC for external devices which makes it pretty much un-usable. I'm hoping that with Samsung's still to be awaited implemented promise of eARC that it may resolve these issues.

Alternative is to set the Tivo box to output PCM (effectively stereo over HDMI ARC) instead of Dolby (surround) or plug the Tivo box directly to the soundbar first.

0 Likes
vhamly
Apprentice
Options

thank thank you so much for the reply.

@MrTest wrote:

This is likely the same issue that is widely reported through this forum. Check out the entries for 'lip-sync' issues.

The TV's are applying a delay to the audio channel sent down ARC for external devices which makes it pretty much un-usable. I'm hoping that with Samsung's still to be awaited implemented promise of eARC that it may resolve these issues.

Alternative is to set the Tivo box to output PCM (effectively stereo over HDMI ARC) instead of Dolby (surround) or plug the Tivo box directly to the soundbar first.