Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q930b - problem with sounds

(Topic created on: 18-08-2022 09:45 PM)
Rain_Conan
First Poster
Options

Hello, I have a problem, I bought a soundbar samsung HW-Q930B, I have Dolby Access, in the sound settings I set in the output settings Dolby Atmos for Home Theater, in the surround sound settings I set Dolby Atmos for Home Theater, but in games, including those that support Dolby Atmos and even allow in-game settings Dolby Atmos (eg. Resident Evil 2 Remake, Assassin's Creed: Valhalla), if I set the soundbar to a mode other than STANDARD MODE (e.g. GAME MODE), I can't hear certain sounds, such as conversations or spoken words, in cutscenes in games. Then some sounds, such as footsteps, cannot be heard directly in the game. I have also tried all possible steps, like undoing the sound driver version, updating the sound driver, uninstalling and installing Dolby Access, unplugging and replugging the whole soundbar, etc, but nothing helped. The soundbar is connected from the HDMI connector on the soundbar via an HDMI cable to the PC to the HDMI connector.

Do you know how to fix this?

Thanks.

Martin

CPU: Ryzen 5900x
GPU: GeForce RTX 3080ti
Motherboard: ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII DARK HERO

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
ErikRekdal77
First Poster
Options

Hello, I have a similar problem while outputting audio from my XBOX SERIES X. The console is connected to my TV with an HDMI 2.1 cable, and the soundbar HW-Q930B is connected to the eARC port with an HDMI 2.1 cable. Both the TV and the XBOX SERIES X has been setup to allow passthrough audio. The XBOX SERIES X correctly display as valid audio output: Dolby Atmos / Dolby Digital / 5.1 uncompressed and 7.1 uncompressed. The selected audio output is Dolby Atmos. While using application / games which does NOT support Atmos, the soundbar display as sound source "multich pcm" (I believe that is receiving a 5.1 or 7.1 uncompressed signal).
If I set the soundbar to a mode other than STANDARD, the rear channel are completely missing. Of course I would like to use my soundbar in GAME MODE.
Any other sound outputed to the soundbar from difference sources (Playstation 4 / Nintendo Switch / Streaming application from the TV - Netflix - Disney Plus - Prime Video) does not present this issue.

Can anyone share some help?

Best regards.

0 Likes