Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q86R - Spotify Connect volume control issue

(Topic created on: 01-04-2020 09:20 PM)
loozet
Student
Options

I am having a problem with the Spotify Connect functionality on the HW-Q86R soundbar. When I adjust the volume from the Spotify device (mobile, PC etc.) the volume immediately goes to extremely loud (up to 45 on the souldbar's volume level). As a result, I can only use the remote to control the volume. 

Any one else that is experiencing this? This must be a bug, but  is there any solution to fix this?

9 REPLIES 9
dts71
First Poster
Options
Yes this is terrible, I just installed the soundbar and now I tested Spotify. My two babies was devastated by the very high volume and I desperately tried to lower the volume from my iPhone.
lubb1
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue as well. Scared the ***** out of my dog. 

MrTest
Explorer
Options

Just to chime in that I have experienced this also. Haven't had it everytime but not comptetely tested out the conditions underwhich it happens.

When I tried it the first time my good wife was asleep on the sofa and I have never seen her wake up so fast and literally jump out the seat.

Tord
First Poster
Options
Same issue on the HW-Q90R.
mk13139
Journeyman
Options

Same issue with Samsung HW-MS550 and HW-MS650.. 

@Samsung when is this going to be solved?

Rick1304
First Poster
Options

Received my HW-Q80 today, and volume 50 is very loud!!! Same experience over here!

TeeJay55
Apprentice
Options

Yes... same thing with brandnew HW-Q80R soundbar.

When switching source from TV (volume level roundabout 10) to Wifi - Spotify connect, the volume jumps to over 40!  My neighbors don't really like that.

QuadMan75
First Poster
Options

Same problem with brand new HW-Q80R as well... Samsung has not resolved it after 9 months? Going to return it if it is not resolved very soon.

Qliver
Apprentice
Options

This hasn't occured for some time on my phone, anyone else still having issues? I am not sure if I did anything, it just started working some day.

I am unfortunately still hesitant to use the volume rocker on the phone, still traumatized by the days when it kept jumping to 45 and scaring the whole household...

0 Likes