Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q600B static noise in standby mode

(Topic created on: 26-03-2024 08:06 AM)
AnotherThing
Explorer
Options

Hi, guys! I noticed some weird thing... When i plug my Samsung HW-Q600B soundbar to the socket it's completely quiet. But if i turn it on first time after being plugged - it starts producing some high pitch noise, which i guess is fine for many electrical devices, since they operate with circuits. 

However, even if i turn it off, the noise still persists. If i disconnect it from the socket it stops making that static noise, however if i plug it again and turn it on, it will be there regardless the current state of the device. Can anyone confirm that this or similar soundbar from Samsung produces that kind of noise? I don't have a desire to interact with the service team, since you know how they usually check the device: if it produces sound and all buttons work - it means the soundbar is fine.

But i'm worried that it can lead to increased power consumption in standby mode and other issues. I'm not sure why this static noise appears in standby mode... Logically Power OFF button should completely turn off the device. It doesn't have a mic or anything that would work in standby mode.. 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
Power usage will be so low that you won't even notice you could leave it running all hear and maybe cost you a few pence.

If there us a fuse in the switch check that and unplug the the transformer box and replug it back in. Can you try a different socket?
AnotherThing
Explorer
Options

Thanks for your reply! Eventually I went to the local authorized Service Center and they confirmed this noise is related to some irrelevant circuits and in comparison to other similar items it was much more exaggerated. Turned out the item that the store sold me was a demo on the shelf. I returned the faulty model and took another soundbar. Now it has no noise at all, regardless which socket i plug it in. 

0 Likes