Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW K430 soundbar continuously mutes itself

(Topic created on: 07-08-2019 11:54 AM)
Matt48
First Poster
Options

Hi,

A strange issue on my HW K430 soundbar that started this morning as I swtiched the tv on. The soundbar automatically mutes itself no matter what I do or what input I select. So for tv, I cycle to D.In, it then displays the volume level and the TV sound is coming through the bar but after it times out back to D.In it mutes itself and the only way to unmute it is to turn the volume either up or down, then when it times out again to display D.In it mutes again.

I've tried unplugging everything, tried a different optical cable that I know is working fine, tried it on another tv, same issue, and taken the battery out of the remote etc, but nothing helps, I still get the same problem. The hard buttons on the end aren't working either with the exception of the source cycle button.

If anyone has any experience or knowledge of this I'd be really grateful to hear about it! 

Thanks in advance!

Matt

21 REPLIES 21
Danniewan
Apprentice
Options

Try resetting the soundbar. 

Turn it off with remote. When it's off hold the play/pause button for 6 seconds.

You should see >INIT>OK.

Youre good to go

0 Likes
Danniewan
Apprentice
Options

I had the same issue and I solved it by resetting my soundbar. I worked for me 

Turn it off with remote. When it's off hold the play/pause button for 6 seconds.

You should see >INIT>OK.

Youre good to go. 

Danniewan
Apprentice
Options

You should see >INIT>OK.

Youre good to go. 

0 Likes
Danniewan
Apprentice
Options

You should see >INIT>OK.

Youre good to go. 
0 Likes
jeremygouert
First Poster
Options

quickly unscrewed my sound bar and disconnected the ribbon mention, as I was having the same issue, works like a charm. Now my sound bar doesn’t go on mute every time I try to turn up the volume on my remote. Thanks!

Bibi11
First Poster
Options

I have the K470. Bought a new tv and had the same trouble. I used to have also hdmi. Thats the problem with the new tv. It doesnt need hdmi

0 Likes
Spencer09851
First Poster
Options

Fixed, thanks for sharing!

0 Likes
Jeff P
First Poster
Options

Same solution for my HW-K39 worked great. Ribbon cable was a bit difficult to remove but problem solved once disconnected. Thanks!

0 Likes
preciousk
Apprentice
Options

I have the same exact issue so frustrating. Why is samsung not doing a recall on this? This is unacceptable why should we have to dismantle a sound bar and unplug anything to make something work.  I am scared to take it apart worrying that I will break the cover or something worse. Tried the resetting sound bar no luck.

I am a female and not any good at this stuff but I will try just nervous that I will break it and then does not work at all. 

Anyone have "specific tips" on which screws to remove and how to pry it off? Is it glued on? Are there any tabs I have to worry about breaking? If so can you tell me approximate placing? Best way to remove wire without damaging something else? One stated it was tough to remove the wire. I am hoping I am strong enough to get it off. If not could one use pliers or some tool to assist or is it to dangerous to accidently damage other components?

When you remove wire, the end side buttons do not work which is fine but does the front light that shows input, volume on etc still light up-work?

Again, I am  nervous as I do not want to break it as cannot afford to replace it 😕  but with tips, I will feel more confident and will go for it. Thanks for your input in advance. 

0 Likes
preciousk
Apprentice
Options

Are you saying it's the hdmi causing the mute to continuously come on? I am curious. I think I am using the other connection not hdmi and I am having the same problem as the others. I guess I have to take it apart but if it fixes it great. 

0 Likes