Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HT-J4500 issues

(Topic created on: 19-06-2020 06:07 PM)
Annastacia
Journeyman
Options

I am also having a problem with my HT -J4500 Home Entertainment system Last night it was  working fine, today I  turned it on and it keeps flashing, on and off on the screen no sound and wont load DVD I've tried a reset, not worked either, I cant choose anything on the home screen as it constantly defaults to disc but dosent load the disc drawer also keeps opening by itself. Anyone else experiencing these issues ? 

37 REPLIES 37
ID03
Student
Options

I have also contacted Samsung, they have organised repair tec to collect my home cinema system for repair . :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
ImpendingTurnip
First Poster
Options

Can confirm you are not alone, it appears anyone who had their entertainment system connected to the internet was affected. I believe Samsung pushed an update that affected this model and similar models. It happened to me roughly three weeks ago which I see is when it happened to everyone else, I just now decided to figure out what was going on and if their was a solution. I had no idea it was so widespread and recent. 

0 Likes
Taralah
First Poster
Options

Hello

I'm in the US and my J4500 has lost it's mind also.  Was working great up until July 4+-.  It will not go to the main screen to accress Netflix,  etc.  Also making "clicking sounds"  I've unplugged it.  Haven't been able to do a reset as it doesn't seem to go into the stand by mode Any suggestions?  Customer support said to take it to Best Buy. Don't have one near me.  Seems UK is getting better service than here in US.  

Thanks

0 Likes
Mal27
Apprentice
Options
I hope you have better luck than I did, had exactly the same problem in June with my HT- J5500 home cinema unit. Contacted Samsung and sent back my unit to RepairTech on the 29th of June for my 'Free of Charge' repair.

Last week I received a call from RepairTech to advise me that they had checked the unit and it had passed all their tests and the fault was something else and that I would have to pay to get it repaired. 

So I requested the unit to be sent back unrepaired and have now decided never to buy Samsung again!

Just ordered a new Yamaha surround sound system today! and will replace my other Samsung products over the next few years! (2 phones, 2 TV's and Washing machine). 

A real shame considering that I use to be a real ambassdor for their products.... but it's a lesson learned too much of a coincidence that my unit failed at the same time as everyone elses.... onwards and upwards and goodbye to Samsung.

0 Likes
Annastacia
Journeyman
Options
hi, guys
so update. I got my unit back from repair tech, it's working fine 😀 so again I would urge anyone not to wait for that "fix" get in touch with an agent and get your repair booked. I wish those of you still having issues the best of luck with your repairs 🙂👍🤞
0 Likes
turkey-67
Journeyman
Options

I first talked to Samsung UK customer service live chat. He said that this fault should be remedied and I should send the device to them.

I wrote the turkey told me to mention it to communicate with samsung turkey.

Whereupon I called customer service again samsung turkey.

the person I contacted stated that they received information about this subject 1 week ago and the device will be repaired free of charge.

led me to the fault log. samsung authorized service will arrive tomorrow SAMSUNG HT-J4550 / TK

0 Likes
rohan2
First Poster
Options

I had a similar issue with my HTS J4500 home cinema system. I have call the the Samsung  support team after I mentioned model they new about the problem and arranged the collections.

Samsung has done the service free of charged and delivered back after service.  

Can you call/chat with the Samsung support  Center and suppler Center will sort it out the problem for you free of charge.

0 Likes
KSolace
Student
Options

Only if you posted about Hw-n950 getting a eARC update we would get a million replies ahaha very gorgeous 

0 Likes