Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HT-J4500 issues

(Topic created on: 19-06-2020 06:07 PM)
Annastacia
Journeyman
Options

I am also having a problem with my HT -J4500 Home Entertainment system Last night it was  working fine, today I  turned it on and it keeps flashing, on and off on the screen no sound and wont load DVD I've tried a reset, not worked either, I cant choose anything on the home screen as it constantly defaults to disc but dosent load the disc drawer also keeps opening by itself. Anyone else experiencing these issues ? 

37 REPLIES 37
Casapalmareal
Apprentice
Options

Really unreal, I thought I was alone!

Two days ago,  Thursday June 18 I turned the system on at night and what you are all experiencing is happening to me as well. I am in Puerto Rico (Caribbean),  I have noticed folks from the UK and Canada aside from the US of course, with the same exact problems and also I performed same trouble shooting up to reset as you all seem to have.  I read a member posted a link further below that states that it is happening across the board and Samsung is on top of it. The problem remains for me until a fix comes along or I buy a Streaming Sound Bar. My bedroom tv is not a Smart TV, the living room is. Keep us informed thank you for taking the time to share!

Casapalmareal
Apprentice
Options
Any word from Samsung any fixes please share. I just don’t want to go and spend money on a new equipment that might have a quick fix soon. Thank you!
0 Likes
Casapalmareal
Apprentice
Options

Yes! We all are unfortunately my friend, for what it seems, like someone said is a global Samsung issue thus far known the HT-J4500

Brb602
Apprentice
Options

I am having the exact same issue and it also started on Thursday 6/18/20 for me. Sounds like they pushed a bad firmware patch. They need to fix this for sure.

BlaiseM
First Poster
Options
Same issue. We really need that fix!
0 Likes
Brb602
Apprentice
Options

I just called Samsung who confirmed there is an issue on their end. No Eta on the fix but as long as you keep the player plugged into the internet (on or off) it will resolve itself when they push the update to fix it.

hansbussink
Student
Options

Here also with HT-J4550

Frustratedd
First Poster
Options

Same here with my HT-J5500XU

Murph264
Journeyman
Options

I am having the same issue with the HT4500 here on PEI, Canada. Noticed it when I turned it on, on Friday but it had worked the night before. It's now Sunday night, 9pm June 21st and it's still doing the same thing so obviously they have not found a solution and pushed the download through. But I am glad I am not alone. I thought I was going to have to buy new sound system. Thank you 

AntS
Options
0 Likes