Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Freestyle update removes home screen

(Topic created on: 17-06-2023 07:52 AM)
ChaoticGoodNewbie
Journeyman
Options

On 16th June 2023 the update removed the home screen so that apps can only be selected via voice search. Same for when navigating via the smart things mobile app, so not hardware specific.

Go to solution
57 REPLIES 57
Hu6
Student
Options

Experiencing the same since last update

0 Likes
Hu6
Student
Options

I am seeing the same issue, any way to rollback the update?

0 Likes
x9moto
Explorer
Options

Any luck with samsung support?

Im still waiting to hear back but its only been a few days.

Im hoping a patch can fix this since its still possible to check for updates although tricky to get to the menu.

Such a shame as i really like this projector and its been my main tv since ive had it.

0 Likes
x9moto
Explorer
Options

Im pretty sure it cant be done by us .

0 Likes
Psicocinema
Journeyman
Options

Today I reported the issue in Spain via WhatsApp to the Samsung fist level IT support, t I said that they should sent the report to second level because is a global incident to us projector.

I'm using an old mi box because the Samsung Hub does not work. And I can Access to de config menu keeping pushed de home button

0 Likes
andrei b
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue on my projector. Since the last update, the Samsung Hub isn't working anymore. Also, the settings menu doesn't save any settings, so when I boot it up again, it's reset to the defaults.

I've also noticed that the update menu item isn't accessible anymore, alongside a few more menu items. This is such a shame. Hopefully, this can be fixed with an auto-update from Samsung. I didn't reach out to their support department yet. 

This feels like a major screw-up, to be honest. 

0 Likes
x9moto
Explorer
Options

An update to the blank home menu issue...

Today i was on the phone with higher level technical support and it has been confirmed that the latest update which introduces gaming hub has cause this on some devices including smart tvs.

Apparently they are currently looking into whether or not this can be fixed with another update and due to the high volume of products effected is now a priority.

Im told the fix is coming soon but no time frame was given, likely in the form of another update.

AntS
Options

Hi guys,

To confirm, we asked about this at our side and found out that:

The recent update included many feature updates to the Freestyle projector to bring it in line with the new 2023 Samsung Smart TV line up.

These updates do take a little time to install, so we ask for your patience as the Freestyle processes the update & completes the install.  During this time, it may appear unresponsive & only display the Samsung Home icon, but rest assured it is busy updating your experience to the very latest Samsung can offer.

The update will take no longer than 5 minutes to complete, after which time you’ll be free to explore all the new features.”

Which is how it’s supposed to work, and why. But reading your posts on here it seems it’s not gone quite that way for some reason for at least some folks.

We've been advised that if your Freestyle:

Edit: I've also merged the two topics on this one for you guys.

plwilliams00
First Poster
Options

The link provided above doesn't take me to anything useful. Is Samsung planning to release a new update to address this?

Currently the device shows that I have the latest version, and won't allow me to search for updates. But... I still have no home screen.

JeppeS
First Poster
Options

Yes still the same for me. 
Swedish Samsung support didn't know about this problem and just recommended total reset...

0 Likes