Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Freestyle update removes home screen

(Topic created on: 17-06-2023 07:52 AM)
ChaoticGoodNewbie
Journeyman
Options

On 16th June 2023 the update removed the home screen so that apps can only be selected via voice search. Same for when navigating via the smart things mobile app, so not hardware specific.

Go to solution
57 REPLIES 57
DiegoCaraciolo
Apprentice
Options

Mine also fixed it on the second try. Thank you very much.

(from Brazil)

x9moto
Explorer
Options

Thankyou so much, it worked on the first attempt!

How on earth did you figure that out i will never know but well done.

You should get a job at samsung looks like you may well have had it sorted before they even made a coffee 🤣

No thanks given to samsung for their lackluster support.

AHochreiter
Apprentice
Options

To be honest...I guess I only had luck to find a solution for this nasty bug. Just like mentioned in my first post for a few days...I was about to write a nasty blog about the Samsung support and the issue with the Freestyle projector...not very kind of me, i know! 🙂

So I was trying to log various system states and simply tried different key combinations to observe what will happened and in which operating mode the device is able to start. After I figured out some things I logged the network traffic of the device during the start process and found out that it loads data from the Internet after performing the decribed combination of button presses. When the device stopped causing network traffic, I restarted the device and it booted into configuration mode. After the reconfiguration, the device worked fine and so I carried out the same procedure a few more times to be sure that it really performs a flash reset.

For me it looks like the memory is not completely erased after the normal reset via the configuration menu and parts of the old configuration remain. And it seems that only the flash reset deletes the configuration completely and therefore after the restart data have to be downloaded to complete the configuration...that's the magic behind this solution.

Thanks for leave your comment...I'm glad it worked for you all too. 😉

AHochreiter
Apprentice
Options

Thanks, but I have a good job that I'm very happy with...and of course I would never work for Samsung. 😄
Seriously...it took a lot of coffee to solve the problem...this stupid problem just bothered me and I just couldn't accept it. 😉

x9moto
Explorer
Options
Well great job and very scientifically approached, thanks again, people like you make these forums the place to be 😁
BGwFreestyle
Apprentice
Options

I can also confirm that this procedure has provided a fix for this issue. Thanks for sharing this with the community. No thank you to Samsung and their support team who are completely useless and incompetent at doing their jobs. They should be compensating the community for doing their jobs for them.

0 Likes
ChaoticGoodNewbie
Journeyman
Options

Thank you for solving this. I struggled with the recommended steps as the projector rebooted before the 5 seconds were up, but after experimenting and holding the power button on the projector for 30 seconds out of stubbornness, it worked. You are a star. Samsung, this is the last product I will buy from you.

0 Likes
holautn
Journeyman
Options

Thank you so much! I have this problem since a month ago like others. Great solution! 👏👏👏 from Argentina! :smiling-face:

Incredible that the Samsung technical support didn't know that and Samsung didn't launch a new version fixing this problem with smart hub for the product! 👎

0 Likes