Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get atmos on in built netflix app

(Topic created on: 10-04-2021 08:04 PM)
paperclip
Apprentice
Options
Hi, I have just bought a 90t TV and q70t soundbar. The TV is connected to the sound bar via hdmi, earc is enabled.

I have skyq plugged into TV and this outputs atmos to the sound bar if I watch something with atmos (tested with Kong vs godzila)

I am now watching an atmos film using the built in neflix app but the sound bar isn't telling me its getting atmos.

Anyone shed some light?
0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
dooy
Explorer
Options

On mine it's displays atmos next to the 4k hdr before you press play but as soon as you press play amd go to audio it only displays original and 5.1 is this right ? 

0 Likes
dooy
Explorer
Options
What is the ok button?
0 Likes
BullsTroop
First Poster
Options

Hit home key on TV remote. Scroll left to Apps next to magnifying glass. Select. Scroll to Netflix, press and hold centre button for 3 - 4 seconds. Select reinstall. Worked for me.

0 Likes
kevinvram
Journeyman
Options

I’m having the same issues with my Samsung Q80R 55”. I’ve tried everything, reinstalled the app. Tried to turn off my sound bar. I’ve reset the tv. Nothing has worked. I’m getting really frustrated. Do I really now need to purchase an Apple TV to get this function back? Very annoying. This must have been an update that has done this

Tozser
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem.

Visit Netflix.com, go to settings through laptop/desktop and find Playback Settings. Set it as High at "Data usage per screen" and you will have Dolby Atmos.

0 Likes
Leo619
First Poster
Options

Thanks for this! It worked for me as well. I've had Samsung TV and Surround for some time and both worked flawlessly with Atmos on Netflix. Then I attached Apple TV 4K to one of my HDMI slots, and noticed the sound wasn't quite the same.

Checked Netflix and the Audio Formats no longer displayed. It was because the Digital Output Audio was set to PCM instead of Auto. You just saved me a ton of time mate.

Cheers!

0 Likes
Jon B61
Journeyman
Options

I had same problem.. no sound from sound bar on atmos but cracked it. 
put on atmos sound source ie Netflix on TV. if no output on sound bar, press home, scoot to settings and scroll right to sound settings. Change sound source to tv and back to sound bar… hey presto my sound bar sprung into Dolby atmos sound. How and why it has this glitch I have no clues!

0 Likes
Laserloui
First Poster
Options

It worked for me too! (S95B + Q990B)
I set eArc and Audio Format to Auto (i already did that a while ago) but the thing i was missing was to reinstall Netflix. After that i was able to choose Atmos Audio when opening the Audio/Subtitles menu inside Netflix app for any given Movie/Series. Its not automatically set to Atmos Audio. You have to check in Audio/Subtitles menu, scroll down to Languages and Audio formats and you will either see English / English 5.1 or English Atmos to choose from. 

0 Likes
Javi2480
First Poster
Options

Reinstall the Netflix app on your TV. Problem solve!

0 Likes