Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem connecting SWA9500s to Samsung q800a soundbar. Front speakers don't work, only Atmos speakers play

(Topic created on: 26-12-2023 02:14 PM)
AlexanderLS
Apprentice
Options

I bought SWA9500s for the Q800a soundbar.
2023-12-26 15.53.18.jpg

The SWA9500s has two speakers, a front speaker and one that is upward-firing (atmos).

The front speakers of the 9500s do not make a sound, only the top speakers (atmos) of the 9500s (which look at the ceiling) play. I checked it in all possible modes and through all possible sources.

I tried:

• - reset settings on q800a,
  • - rebind 9500s - no positive effect
  • - Add rear level. Rear level - does not affect the sound in any way.
  • - tried all possible settings on TV (Samsung q70a)
  • - tried to output sound via PC, YouTube, and Netflix applications on TV
  • - used all settings options on the q800a - surround, standard, and others

And I tried switching all possible checkboxes in the SmartThings application

I also ran videos like -Atmos Test Tones 5.1.4. Instead of the rear speakers, the speakers from the q800a play. But the rear Atmos speakers work correctly.

It’s just strange, there can’t be two defects in two 9500s speakers at the same time.

I think this is more like a software problem with the q800a.

I have installed the latest version of the error on the q800a - v1011.1

Maybe someone knows if there is a way to reinstall the same version of the software or perform an even deeper reset than by holding down the volume up and down button.

Or maybe someone knows a solution to this problem

6 REPLIES 6
bri567
Student
Options
Oh no so sorry to here
0 Likes
Beta22
Voyager
Options
Have you tried connecting your soundbar to your phone and streaming from there? It may help to identify cable connections as a possible cause.

Also, I don't think it is possible to rollback firmware versions on Samsung TVs and soundbars. Any hard resets will always revert to the current firmware version.
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I added the SWA-9500S to my Q900A, aside from resetting everything or tweaking the levels via the remote and mini soundbar display there is no much to go wrong.

Personally I think it's expectations, I had the same issue the realised unless it was Atmos or using the rears for something loud, the effect can be VERY subtle, but when you disconnect the rears you realise it is actually a big atmosphere type effect.

All that said you have used test tones, was that USB or YouTube TV as Atmos does not work that was same for Tidal.

Only random thought is your TV and soundbar compatibility, only a quick read and the Q70A only mentions Q Symphony Lite???
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
AlexanderLS
Apprentice
Options

Yes, I tried streaming from my phone.

0 Likes
AlexanderLS
Apprentice
Options
Atmos speakers play, but the front speakers on the SWA9500C do not play. The system is compatible, plus I tested it without using a TV. Broadcast via phone and MacBook.
0 Likes
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
I think it's based on the content you feed it. If you send it 2.0 it won't play in 5.1.2. Try some 7.1 netflix?

I see the manual says to get 5.1 it needs a 5.1 input ie BBC one is 2.0.
0 Likes