Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BD-H8900M blu ray recorder/player - can't find recorded programmes

(Topic created on: 31-07-2017 04:11 PM)
Foxed
First Poster
Options

Am new owner of above and only have a week to check all functions before right to return runs out.  I cannot find programmes recorded via the TV Guide - they highlight in the guide, and info that they're recording shows on tv screen at the time, but pressing List or Scheduled Recordings just gives me something about recording on usb.  Any help gratefully received.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

It's a little odd that the remote control isn't working. Can you look at the infra-red transmitter of the remote control through a camera and press the buttons that don't appear to be working? Let us know if you can see a red light when you press the buttons - this will indicate whether the problem lies with the remote or Blu-ray Player. 

0 Likes
Foxed
First Poster
Options

Hello again Kelly, thanks for your continuing efforts to solve this. You'll have seen my other messages last night where I was advised to update software, I got part way then needed further help to install.  However the software is on auto update so that shouldn't be the problem.  Sill haven't figured out how to install.

It's mainly the arrows (sometimes) and Home button on the remote which won't work at the moment.  Home button shows menu which starts with Picture, Sound, Broadcasting but not home screen where you should be able to do other things like watch scheduled tv recordings.  Wasn't sure if you meant infra red light on remote itself or on machine, so tried both.  There's no sensor visible on front of player although  there is one shown on diagram in instruction manual, but pointed camera at it anyway, nothing happened.  When pointed camera at remote, red light flashed continuously as long as I held the Home button down.

I emailed supplier to explain having problems and may need to return.  They've offered me a new remote to try.  I'm tempted to just give up and return the whole thing, but if your advice is that it is the remote which is faulty  I'll ask them to send a replacement.

0 Likes
Foxed
First Poster
Options

Hi Kelly, I replied to this on 3 Aug, hope you received all details in that.  I need to decide whether to accept a replacement remote from the supplier to try or whether to send the whole thing back.  Are you able to tell whether it's a faulty remote from the info I've given you please?

0 Likes
Kiwiham
First Poster
Options

We have not been able to view the programmes we have on our blu-ray player for over a week... not sure what the hell is happening.... When we go to MY CONTENTS it blacks the screen then waits a couple of minutes and drops out... shows that we have latest update and shows we have over 800MB saved - just can't watch any of it... is it a software update that has crashed it....

GUTTED... ANNOYED

0 Likes