Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Delay from Xbox Series X

(Topic created on: 22-11-2020 12:53 AM)
dannyp21
Explorer
Options
I have just bought a new Xbox Series X console and have it wired into my new Samsung Q90T 2020 TV through the game port and then wired via HDMI  EARC port into my Q800T soundbar. 

On setting the console to Dolby Atmos there is a significant audio delay from the soundbar which cannot be rectified through the sync settings on the soundbar or the TV. 

I have Netflix on the TV and my satellite box set up also through EARC and there is no issue but the is significant issue with the Xbox sound sync which is quite frankly infuriating. 

Is anyone else having this issue, and has anyone found a fix? I have spent a lot of money on a new home cinema set up and cannot watch blu rays because of this. 
191 REPLIES 191
Lideo
First Poster
Options

Same problem for me:

Xbox Series X (and also PS4 Pro with same issue)

TV Samsung QLED 65Q80R with latest firmware

connected via HDMI-ARC and/or Optical to an old Onkyo HT

0 Likes
PanLondonSI
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue. Audio lag from Xbox series X to my Samsung Q80T. I am connected via HDMI from Xbox to Tv and then via optical from TV to my SONOS Playbase. Does anybody know if a 4K 60hz HDMI/Toslink splitter would stop this? 

0 Likes
Archagellos
First Poster
Options

Same issue..

Xbox Series X

Samsung - 65" Class Q800T Series LED 8K UHD Smart Tizen TV

Receiver - Sony STR DN-1080

My brother walked me through on setting it up through eARC as I had it through the regular HDMI ports in the back.  Since then, the sound lag has been off for nearly everything.  Adjusting the settings on the TV made a slight improvement.  But,  through the xbox, receiver, and TV, there is a disconnect that I have yet to figure out.  I'm wondering if a new receiver (Marantz NR1711) would make a difference.

0 Likes
Beardoin
First Poster
Options

Exact same problem here, But this time no soundbar in between.

Have the Series X directly to HDMI on my 43RU7400 on both hdmi 3 and hdmi 2.

Sound is using optical out from the tv to my Pioneer Surround Sound Amp.

Was never an issue when using the Xbox One (although that was using the direct optical out)
I dont think this is a sound bar fault, I think its a Microsoft fault on this one.

0 Likes
Kevin543
First Poster
Options

Signifciant audio lag when xbox series x is connected as follows:

Xbox Series X (HDMI) > Samsung Q6FN TV > (HDMI ARC) Samsung Q70 Soundbar

OR

Xbox Series X (HDMI) > Samsung Q6FN TV > (Optical) Samsung Q70 Soundbar

Audio delay only occurs when HDMI audio output is bitsteam Dobly or DTS.  If set to sterio uncompressed it has no audio delay but I lose surround sound.

Finally with either of these setups any sudden noises such as clicks through a menu are lost if there is a period of silence prior to them.  Ex: first one or two menu clicks may not be heard but if done rapidly later clicks will be heard.  This no longer occurs if the Xbox is connected directly to the soundbar then to the TV, however there is then instrad screen tearing and significant studdering making it unusable.

These appear to be microsoft issues but unfortunately its rendering both my xbox and saumsung soundbar and TV unusable.  This did also apprar to be an issue on the Xbox one X, but the optical port allowed audio to be sent over that instead and avoid any issues

0 Likes
dannyp21
Explorer
Options
UPDATE: So yesterday I got a PS5 and connected it to my Q90 TV which again is connected to the Q800 soundbar via EARC.

Everything runs smoothly with the audio until again, the audio output is set to bits bitstream (Dolby) and the audiolag appears again.

further to this when I play an ultra HD blue Ray through the PS5 but change the audio in the app to bitstream, dolby atmos works fine and there is no lag...

I'm really stumped with this one. I don't know what the solution is 🤷🏼‍♂️
0 Likes
Jeffreyvha
Pioneer
Options

I  have exactly the same issue... in game modus the xbox series x with dolby atmos on... i have a Q90T and a Q900T. The sound works when you put it on passtrough but its half the sound.. and if i let everything on auto it only lags on the game modus. Connected q900T to hdmi 3 Earc and the xbox series x to hdmi 4 for 2.1 120 hz 4k gaming..  

PanLondonSI
Apprentice
Options

Have you raised a fault with Xbox Support? 

0 Likes
PanLondonSI
Apprentice
Options

I tried out headphone connected to my controller and the delay goes. If I leave the volume up on the tv and can tell the difference. A significant delay going to my Sonos. If the delay disappears using headphones through the controller, could this be a Samsung problem? 

0 Likes
Jeffreyvha
Pioneer
Options

Yep   

0 Likes