Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Delay from Xbox Series X

(Topic created on: 10-11-2020 06:29 PM)
dannyp21
Explorer
Options
I have just bought a new Xbox Series X console and have it wired into my new Samsung Q90T 2020 TV through the game port and then wired via HDMI  EARC port into my Q800T soundbar. 

On setting the console to Dolby Atmos there is a significant audio delay from the soundbar which cannot be rectified through the sync settings on the soundbar or the TV. 

I have Netflix on the TV and my satellite box set up also through EARC and there is no issue but the is significant issue with the Xbox sound sync which is quite frankly infuriating. 

Is anyone else having this issue, and has anyone found a fix? I have spent a lot of money on a new home cinema set up and cannot watch blu rays because of this. 
191 REPLIES 191
Members_zohparJ
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with Samsung Q90R. Only solution is using Stereo which kills the quality

dannyp21
Explorer
Options
yeah that is the only solution I've found really. bit rubbish really it cannot be used at its full capability.
0 Likes
RogerL
Journeyman
Options

My Q90R is also doing this through eARC. Audio is milliseconds off from video when everything is plugged into the One Connect box and passing through audio through eARC to Marantz 6014 receiver. I got so annoyed by the delay I had to connect all my devices back to my receiver and works perfectly. So now I can’t use the 120Hz on HDMI 4 for my Xbox Series X due to delay and because of this because of no HDMI 2.1 eARC on Q90R One Connect Box

Unclecuddles
First Poster
Options

I can’t get my Q90R soundbar to pass through 4k from an Xbox Series X. My previous Xbox One X worked fine using the same setup (same cables, etc.).

0 Likes
Unclefishboy
Apprentice
Options

I have the same thing on my series X, it's running into my LG C9 then through to a Denon receiver via EARC. Slight audio delay most noticeable on cut scenes with characters talking. Can't resolve as changing the audio delay on the reciever then puts everything else out that I have coming from the TV!

0 Likes
TDog
First Poster
Options

Same issue with Q90T and Denon receiver, highly annoying.  Is there a way to calibrate the delay?

0 Likes
dannyp21
Explorer
Options
as far as I am aware no. I have been looking since I put this post on and am yet to find a solution thats not running the Xbox through the soundbar and then to the TV which loses the VRR capabilities. if anyone has got it working with EARC I would love to know because at the minute I can't use atmos at all.
0 Likes
freedude
First Poster
Options

Getting the same issue. Series X is sending audio/video to my Q8FN via HDMI, and then audio to AV receiver via ARC. All sound formats have noticeable delay, except for stereo. Latest firmware (downloaded from Samsung website, applied via USB), but no luck

0 Likes
JonJonYOW
First Poster
Options

Same issue here, and It’s quite disappointing. 

TV: 2020 65Q90T 

Audio: 2020 Samsung HW-Q70T (eARC)

Console: Xbox Series X (HDMI 4)

0 Likes