Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATMOS ISSUES - Please Help 🙏🏼

(Topic created on: 28-12-2021 08:07 PM)
Ric-A
Journeyman
Options

I am having no success with ATMOS, I wonder if you can shed some light…I have a Sumsung Q70T TV with eARC and a Samsung HW-K950 ATMOS soundbar with ARC. I have the two connected via a high speed HDMI from the TV’s eARC to the soundbar’s ARC BUT I don’t ever get ATMOS, I use mostly the TV’s built in apps Disney+ and Netflix for watching movies but never have I managed to enable ATMOS even though I know both Apps support it.

Within the TV’s sound menu eARC set to: Auto, Sound Output is set to: Auto with the option for pass-through greyed out! The option ATMOS COMPATIBILITY is also greyed out!

Ive tried lots of combinations and nothing seems to enable these options on the TV.

Any ideas? Thank you

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The TV won't support soundbar Atmos https://www.tomsguide.com/reviews/samsung-q70t-qled-tv
0 Likes
Ric-A
Journeyman
Options

That doesn’t make any sense since there’s an option within the sound menu for ATMOS COMPATIBILITY??

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
In case you missed the text in the article, it states "The Q70T supports Dolby Audio but can’t handle Dolby Atmos — which may be an issue if you pick a soundbar that can take advantage of it."
Tom's Hardware is usually very accurate with their reviews. I can't comment specifically on that TV as I don't own one and that's what I found in my research.
0 Likes
Ric-A
Journeyman
Options

No I didn’t miss that piece of text, it just doesnt make sense to me. Even on Samsungs own website in a section headed “How to use ATMOS soundbar with Samsung tv” it explains set everything to auto basically and turn ATMOS Compatibility ON, that’s the bit that confuses me as the option is there but it’s greyed out no matter what I do 😭

0 Likes
vonlinus
First Poster
Options

Fwiw I have a q70 and a Sonos soundbar connected and the app says I'm getting Atmos with, for example night on earth on Netflix. 

Disney didn't seem to have Atmos at all, some Netflix and prime movies do

0 Likes
Hillofbrains
First Poster
Options

I have a Q90R (2019) + Sonos Arc and run all the apps from my TV. Dolby Atmos works with Netflix, HBO Max, Prime Video, Apple TV+ but not Disney+! The app is updated 28-01-2022 and in the detailed information part of several shows they state Dolby Atmos, but deliver Dolby Digital +.

conclusion, Disney needs to update their app for Samsung TVs.

0 Likes
Jon B61
Journeyman
Options

I had same problem.. no sound from sound bar on atmos but cracked it. 
put on atmos sound source… if no output on sound bar, press home, scoot to settings and scroll right to sound settings. Change sound source to tv and back to sound bar… hey presto my sound bar sprung into Dolby atmos sound. How and why it has this glitch I have no clues!

0 Likes